1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Typically you can tell the strength of one's argument by how many words they have to type to defend themselves. Your argument is very weak, hence your long-winded response.

B-Bob, anybody with even a drop of knowledge of psychology knows what you did. You played the semantics game in an attempt to minimize the content of the tweet, because you dislike Trump's policies. Your bias led you to do so. You're simply defending and sticking up for your own. Had the tweet been concerning smashing a Hillary/Bernie computer, would you have made the same defense of the chap? I highly doubt it.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL!!!! Is that what's typical? Hahahahahaha. Is it?

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

A new way to immediately dismiss someone's argument!

I truly feel fortunate to be here to witness this. It's like Watson getting the first call from Bell. We're on the bleeding edge here, people.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

People are finally waking up

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Poll: Trump surges to 44 percent support nationwide <a href="https://t.co/GNPMIL3bNQ">https://t.co/GNPMIL3bNQ</a> <a href="https://t.co/N8aNfvIjXE">pic.twitter.com/N8aNfvIjXE</a></p>&mdash; The Hill (@thehill) <a href="https://twitter.com/thehill/status/698137249549000704">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Donald Trump is vulgar and crass, as most of us know. However, apparently a lot of people are not aware of these tendencies. When they are shown this conduct using actual video clips of Trump behaving this way, they are offended and rather shocked.

This was done in focus groups in South Carolina. The ads are coming out now to make sure that everyone is fully informed. Stay tuned.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump threatens to sue Cruz over birther questions. <a href="https://twitter.com/gabegutierrez">@gabegutierrez</a> reports now <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBCNightlyNews?src=hash">#NBCNightlyNews</a> <a href="https://t.co/nDhhHU7F6e">pic.twitter.com/nDhhHU7F6e</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/698289128568442885">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Here's BigTexxx's preferred version of the Declaration of Independence:

"Sometimes, you just gotta cut loose. We declare our independence from those limey b****es. Out."

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

BigTexxx's take on how the Gettysburg Address should have been written:

"87 years ago, we said 'All men are created equal..." so, let's do this thing right."

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Has there ever been a candidate like this? Would it have even been possible in any other era?

I mean, if I told you guys in 2012 that the Republican frontrunner in 2016:

Was a past supporter of domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples
    Would have a history of being pro-choice
    Supported increased taxation of the mega-rich
    Would make repairing and rebuilding infrastructure a major campaign platform
    Would have a history of being an outspoken proponent of a single-payer healthcare plan as early as 2000
    Would refuse PAC funding
    Would be reviled by the Republican establishment

I feel like most of the moderates and liberals on the board either would have either laughed or expressed interest in supporting such a candidate. And yet he's just such a hateful buffoon, and so profoundly under-qualified, that the Left's disgust towards him doesn't feel in any way incongruous.

And from the Republican perspective, it seems like the man should be the very definition of a RINO... Unless, of course, you accept the idea that racism, sexism, and xenophobia are part of the official conservative platform.

10. Buck Turgidson

First he's eating pizza with a knife and fork, now this? Somebody needs to stop this cretin.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Trump?src=hash">#Trump</a> came into the steak restaurant I was in. He ordered a well done rib-eye steak. Well done?!</p>&mdash; Ruth Sherlock (@Rsherlock) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rsherlock/status/696929949689778178">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree to disagree, friend.

If there was a tweet about some liberal's computer, I would also think that was trivial and a stupid thing to post about. Tweets from nobodies should just not get attention of any kind.

If someone's computer was taken from them and smashed, that would be slightly more notable, maybe, in a local newspaper, for local authorities to deal with.

If someone took and smashed Hillary's computer (or server, LOL) or Trump's computer (while he was tweeting, for instance), that would be newsworthy, but still a million times less important than their plans for America.

Have a good weekend.

12. dharocks

Typically politician, trying to appeal to his base.

I'm guessing he ordered it with ketchup, too.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

44% of people with lan lines?

I don't see how that's possible. While he has some vocal supporters, it feels like 2 out of every 3 people are trashing him.

14. dharocks

I mean, who else are they supposed to support? The establishment guys are all dead (even if they haven't accepted it yet).

Trump is the only sane alternative to Cruz. Not that he'd be any more sane or competent as a President, but there's an argument that he'd do less damage down-ballot (not sure I agree, but I've seen it out there), and once he gets demolished in the general the Republicans can walk away from him.

If Cruz wins the nomination, in addition to not winning the White House they're still going to have to deal with his crazy ass for the next 4 years, calling them cowards and telling them that they didn't go extreme enough.

#734 dharocks, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if these are part of the official platform but clearly the conservative movement has become the new No-Nothings Nativists. Just watch the debates and see how the candidates trip over themselves about who is the tougher on immigration and border security.

Trump's candidacy is a natural outgrowth of the GOP stoking fears of our country being overrun by foreigners.

16. dharocks

I mean, it's the opposite of the official platform. Somehow the only thing the Republican establishment took from 2012 was that they needed to appeal more to Latinos.

I think Trump's appeal is more to a certain group of poor, low-educated whites who don't see much of a future for themselves in this country (and in fairness, it's a legitimate concern). A lot of these voters are in favor of the kind of taxation on the rich that Bernie Sanders espouses. They aren't traditional conservatives who want to slash entitlement programs; they just don't want those entitlements going to people whom they see as undeserving (i.e., blacks and especially undocumented immigrants).

"Hands off my guns, and hands off my draw check!"

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

2 out of 3 Republicans that would vote in the primaries is different than 2 out of 3 people.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/upC8pX3RY0A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, more proof that he's actually a Democrat.

20. dharocks

:eek:

I'd protest, but the minority vote really hurts my case.

:(;)