1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he did, and I hope she's sterile.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Story is going viral right now

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's the point of that story going viral? To show that Trump supporters are almost universally loathed? Doesn't everyone already know that?

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The fact that someones political belief is putting them in danger in public and the school refusing to punish the assaulter has a lot of people pissed off.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I know this may not be a popular opinion but, I don't really think that Trump supporters should be allowed in public in the first place.

6. baubo

baubo Member

It's funny how even after all these months people still don't understand why Donald Trump is successful. The American government has been so F-ed up for so long people are practically leeching on to someone, ANYONE, who doesn't regurgitate the same crap and do the same nothingness for society the past years.

If anything, people should be wondering how congress, an organization with single digit approval rate, can produce two candidates for the top office in Ameican (Cruz and Rubio) and that we should just accept they're good. To me that's much more absurd than Trump's antics winning.

Personally I'm happy that Trump is making noise. If nothing else, it may actually spur the Republican party to actually start doing something positive for a change.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It reminds me of the movie Bulworth, where everyone flocked to this guy because holy crap he didn't talk like a politician. Nevermind that he's acting crazy and rapping for no reason and sometimes spouting nonsense, he was claiming the system needed to be shaken up and everyone agreed with that. That was all it took. Reminds me of Trump.

In conclusion, Warren Beatty needs to be running opposite of Trump.

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

What girl would put a bumper sticker on their MacBook like that? Either way, she kinda fine.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, doesn't look legit. But if so, so what.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

1. It put her computer "in danger," if you believe the tweet.
    2. Harming someone's computer is not technically "assault."
    3. Much more importantly, if Trump is elected, a whole lot of Americans that don't look and think like you and Trump are going to have a lot more to worry about than their laptops being smashed, if one believes his campaign promises.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trump would be a great VP.

Really would.

12. B-Bob

Of a small town furniture outlet, yes.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was this just a tweet or was there an actual physical assault?

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks Photoshoped.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Damaging people's property is illegal

Nice b.s propaganda

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The idea that you are in a position to "teach" students is frightening. Here you are minimizing this act, almost certainly because you don't like Trump.

Truly Shameful. I thought you were better than that, B-Bob.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If getting the facts correct and clearing up inaccurate statements by others is "truly shameful" to you, then you had better do some soul searching.

I thought you were better than that texxie

20. B-Bob

Oh, but I am. I am better than your attempted smear here.

1. Ah, the attack the educator meme. Never gets old. For this one time, and one time only, I will address the idea that my career is "frightening" for my fellow citizens.
    [Continuing education units for bigtexxx] I teach physics, not politics. I wouldn't expect you to understand domain expertise. I am considered *fantastic* at my profession, by all external and internal assessment measures, by faculty, students, and administrators. Numerically, by evaluation mechanisms, I am a three-sigma event. :) It's pretty sweet actually. I do not teach or mention politics in the classroom, despite what Fox news would have you believe about all "liberal professors." There is just too much physics to teach every day. (One of my former students, by the way, contributed to the LIGO gravity waves discovery announced yesterday; very proud of the little dude.) [/Continuing education units for bigtexxx]

2. Has there been a physical "act," as you suggest, against the alleged perhaps-not-photoshopped young woman who may or may not own a laptop with a non-photoshopped Trump sticker? If so, I retract my statements.
    My understanding is that there was just a lame tweet. If you haven't noticed, twitter is almost 50% filled with alarmingly threatening and absurd statements -- it's sort of like a big pile of Ronny, which is why I no longer use it. So not sure we need to take each tweet seriously, or if we could, right? Are you pursuing all threatening tweets all day every day? Sounds exhausting.
    But please link to a factual story of this young woman having her computer taken and destroyed. Otherwise, you admit there has been no "act" and that you are distorting the story. This whole story is a tempest in a teapot, when people should actually not worry about nobody's posting things on twitter and instead be asking Trump for real, earth-bound policy positions of any kind. (Why you would be trolling here, as if for Trump, I leave to your long-standing reputation around here.)

3. No, sticking to facts has nothing to do with my dislike for Trump. I don't actually dislike Trump, FWIW. I do fear what he could do as an executive of the nation. Overall, I like to fight, on both sides, the tendency for people to emotionally move away from the facts and to start attributing meaning to things that don't yet contain that meaning.

I hope you have enjoyed me actually replying to you! Consider it a sweet early Valentine! *heart heart heart* ;)

1 person likes this.