1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This guy... ha.

He suggested teaming up with Russia to get rid of ISIS, and drew cheers when he reiterated his support for waterboarding, even though that may be a war crime, to stop terrorists who are “chopping off the heads of Christians, drowning people, and burying people in the sand.”

http://wbay.com/2016/08/05/trump-pence-campaign-in-downtown-green-bay/

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just another demographic he needed to make fun of.

Anyone want to take bets on his next target?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm just surprised at all the conservatives who are so willing to vote for a guy who is prepared to throw away six decades of relative global peace between world powers. He looks at national security as a mafia scheme. Well secure peace through protection schemes as long as you pay the bill.if not we'll break your legs

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am very skeptical of this that he is in it to lose when this campaign is hurting his business and more importantly his brand.

At one time I didn't think he was serious about winning but now I just don't see why he would be willing to invest so much time, money and reputation into this unless he truly thinks he can win.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Many Conservatives don't want peace... war justifies their positions and sense of conflict.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Many Republican voters don't actually believe in conservatism. They are there for the white supremacy and just went along with whatever else that the party was offering. It's been that way since Southern Strategy bore fruit.

Many of the same people would go along with higher taxes on the rich, more domestic spending, and defense cuts also as long as these come with white supremacy. In fact, per-Southern Strategy, they were Democrats.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's more that conservatives like liberals aren't monolithic and there are very different branches of conservatives. The ones who are very alarmed by Trump's comments on NATO, now Japan, and cozying up to Russia are people from the Neoconservative wing who believe in the use of American military power to defend US global hegemony. There are also conservatives who who are still cold warriors who consider the the post WWII alliances as the basis of their world views.

Many from the camps above are supporting Clinton. Trump supporters seem to fall more into the Tea Party view that is more isolationist and suspicious of foreign engagements even on behalf of traditional allies.

1 person likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't dream of speculating about Trump's next target for his stupidity, but to Carl's earlier question, does it matter? His comments on Japan? Yes, it matters very much. It matters that he obviously knows nothing about the Japanese constitution, which we wrote, that places severe restrictions on their military and has for many, many decades. He knows nothing about the delicate dance Abe has been making in getting the restrictions reduced and, Abe hopes, ultimately removed. Trump hasn't a clue as to how critical the bases in Japan, where we have about 47,000 members of our military, more than we have in South Korea, are to American power in the Pacific, not only to the United States, but to our allies in the region. And Trump hasn't a clue as to how alarmed the countries of East and Southeast Asia, as well as those in the Western Pacific, will be to see an unfettered rearmament of Japan, much less a Japan with nuclear weapons.

In other words, Trump is a dangerously incurious and uninformed fool. A danger to both the United States and our allies. In my humble opinion.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

this is a gem, lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Russia beat the United States in the Olympics-another Obama embarrassment! Isn't it time that we turn things around and start kicking ass?</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/437784258686767104">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Every non-hyperbolic tweet is from iPhone (his staff). <br><br>Every hyperbolic tweet is from Android (from him). <a href="https://t.co/GWr6D8h5ed">pic.twitter.com/GWr6D8h5ed</a></p>&mdash; Todd Vaziri (@tvaziri) <a href="https://twitter.com/tvaziri/status/762005541388378112">August 6, 2016</a></blockquote>

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if there is a point at which Trump bottoms out on the stupid and, with the bar lowered as far as it can go, starts to pick up in the polls just by not pooping his pants?

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seriously? This isn't one of those fake accounts?

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Trumps trolling gets old. I can't honestly believe he's really trying to win the election.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's scarier, to me, is that there are people just lapping this up. I am sure future demagogues are taking note. Eventually, we are gonna see a competent one run for office.

16. Carl Herrera

[​IMG]

17. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video of <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a> flinching and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hillary?src=hash">#Hillary</a> keeping cool when their podium is rushed now has 600,000 FB views. <a href="https://t.co/GwQViMOV8i">pic.twitter.com/GwQViMOV8i</a></p>&mdash; Peter Daou (@peterdaou) <a href="https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/761979985854861312">August 6, 2016</a></blockquote>

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Don't worry, Donald, your inbred billy followers don't care about grammar. This is a real facebook ad that showed up on my feed... truly incompetent campaign.

[​IMG]

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Inbred hillbilly? wow haven't heard that one before !

1 person likes this.