1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol I enjoy life just fine. You're the accident on the other side of the freeway that I just have to look at.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How on earth would you know anything about it? You clearly don't fit that demographic, obviously being in the pre-adolescent category.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He is an Iranian American, most likely a Muslim if what he says is true here. One self hating Muslim I guess.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

lol what? hahaha

6. pirc1

Did you not say you are of Iranian heritage?

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm a self hating muslim ya guys

8. pirc1

Are your parent and family Muslims?

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to NBC's Hallie Jackson, Trump followed advice of allies today and controlled himself more. He endorsed Ryan, McCain and Ayotte after initially refusing to do so. He also gave a speech that's more focused on attacking Clinton and Obama rather than picking random fights.

I guess this will stop the bleeding a bit, but I wonder how long it will last and how well it will work because

1) Trump's self-control hasn't lasted very long during this campaign,

2) He's already behind Hillary, and a lot of the negative perception arising from earlier spats are already baked in-- people won't just forget about them and Team Hillary won't let the people forget, either.

3) Unless Trump regains the lead, at some point he's going to get a little desperate and start jacking up 3s.

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

14. Carl Herrera

Will the Japan thing really matter? I mean, the people who care about this are already against him with all that NATO talk earlier. Guess it just hardens people's position.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

16. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good luck <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamUSA?src=hash">#TeamUSA</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OpeningCeremony?src=hash">#OpeningCeremony</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rio2016?src=hash">#Rio2016</a> <a href="https://t.co/mS8qsQpJPh">pic.twitter.com/mS8qsQpJPh</a></p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/761773576101953536">August 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Could be a stretch, but I wonder whether the U.S. Olympics performance is gonna affect the mood of voters in this election. I mean, Trump is selling all doom and gloom and "We don't win any more." The Olympics would seem to be off the message.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Someone needs to photoshop Russia into this. I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still think Trump wants to lose. A move like this and the NATO gaffes echoes Obama's retrenchment policies, but it's to an extreme that looks foolish to "moderates" let alone the bellyaching hawks who've B&M'd every "lead from behind" steps the O Admin has taken.

He'll probably boast to his NY inner circle that he's setting the stage to make Hillary look good even when her moves as president make the rich richer and the poor angrier. As proof, he'll point to the President's skyrocketing approval ratings.