1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Trump is the kind of guy that would walk in on a Rambo movie and launch an attack on Vietnam to get him out.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The opposite of inspiration. Democracy at work.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump does it again, just now. Jesus Christ.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">!!!! Trump does it again! References Iran tape that doesn't exist!</p>&mdash; Sopan Deb (@SopanDeb) <a href="https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/761282458776178688">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: Trump AGAIN talks about a tape showing a plane full of $$$ being unloaded in Iran. The tape does not exist. <a href="https://t.co/YtHPPEDqTe">https://t.co/YtHPPEDqTe</a></p>&mdash; Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/761283392121937920">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

#6723 Carl Herrera, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. Orange

Orange Member

Biggest liar I have ever seen

5. Nook

Nook Member

No! No! Hilary Clinton is the biggest liar.

signed:

Thumbs, SpaceGhost, RocketsLegend, TheresTheDagger

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They're about equal. Hillary is just more political with it.

7. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Real sentence from a press release in my inbox: &quot;Donald Trump lives, works, eats and employs people of all races and religions.&quot;</p>&mdash; J.B. Wogan (@JBWogan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JBWogan/status/761239272296808448">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

Donald Trump eats people.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I saw this the other night

[​IMG]

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I have the best Soylent Green. Everybody talks about it. People come up to me all the time and ask, "Is your Soylent Green really that good?" I tell them, "Come down to Trump Tower, and we'll show you the best Soylent Green you ever had. The best."

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

This probably could have been said about any candidate on the republican side that won. The super conservatives don't like illegal immigration, and racist people will take that to mean "F anyone not white".

I'd imagine you could have some videos from stuff made like that from other republican rallies. Like when McCain was running and the guy called Obama a terrorist. People cheered that. McCain was just a stand up guy (and a politician). The racist thing isn't new. It's just thrown in everyone's face more. Some people will just be ignorant.

I'd bet that republican leaders for the most part don't like it, but they want the votes. I'm sure dems allow some things they don't like in order to gather some votes too.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McCain won my respect forever when he shut down the xenophobia when a questioner at one of his town halls said that Obama was a secret Muslim and she feared him. McCain's response contained an unintentional slight toward Muslims, but he did the right thing.

Trump, on the other hand, is retweeting white supremacists. Trump has just removed the thin veneer of legitmimacy off appeals tho white supremacy. He is encouraging it because Trump will do anything to be this country's despot.

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump knows he can double down on the lie and his audience will eat it up. His ego won't let him admit this mistake.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-top-secret-iran-video-campaign/story?id=41121713

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If Mccain did not cave to the nuts in his party and ran the whole campaign as a moderate Republican, he could have won.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Damn meaning Nazis :mad:

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol repugs nominated a mentally handicapped crazy maniac

16. CometsWin

Comrade Trump is causing the second great purge of D&D conservatives. Bush/Cheney laid waste to the conservatives in this forum many years ago and it looks like Trump may finish them off. I can't imagine what the next influx of D&D conservatives will look like. Buckle your seat belts, the crazy has just begun.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah true, personally and it's anecdotal to be sure it just feels worse with Trump. I feel like he for some reason emboldens them. You hear a lot of it hid behind being "Anti-PC" or railing against the "PC Culture."

Also yeah, McCain is a stand up guy and IMO 20x at least the man that Trump is.

They have to just completely ignore the appeasing to those people for votes. I think if Trump gets hammered in the general election than hopefully they will stop appealing to those people.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IzC-l7tovFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With this and supporters clapping when Hillary said she's going to raise tax on the middle class, you have to think are these people voting with their eyes and ears shut?

19. Carl Herrera

The thing is, a lot of what Donald Trump support are actually quite a break from typical GOP doctrine-- infrastructure spending , for example. On some other issues, Trump has simply asserted multiple positions so who can even figure out his precise position.

Moreover, we have many people who agree with Trump on specific policy positions now not voting for him because of how stupid and odious a person he is. This election has long ago ceased being about specific policy takes.

20. CometsWin

RL has resorted to Jimmy Kimmel man on the street bits. heh