1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are being sensitive for not accepting their racism. Can't you see that?

It really is troubling that Trump has so many supporters. I truly hope most of them are just conservatives tired of the usual politicians and are willing to just tolerate his blatant racism because they can afford to.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure what you mean by blowing the dog whistle. I think Trump is a troll who only speaks what some people want to hear, a la Hillary.

I think most of you all are under the assumption I am a Trump supporter, which is not even remotely close to the truth. I am very anti Trump ... but I am also very anti misinformation and twisting of words.

3. Space Ghost

This is absolutely hilarious. You remind me of the white guy who responds with the clique token comment of "Im not racist, I have 2 black friends". Good for you. You paid the crew extra.

But really, you shouldn't assume or make shots at whether or not I am a Christian, or what contributions I make to society. You know none of this. Nor would I brag about sharing/gifting/contributing my time/effort/money to persons or cause.

I personally find its very distasteful when people jump up on their high horse criticizing others for doing the same exact thing they are doing. Sounds like a lot of Christians, ammirite?
    Much like those who want carbon taxes or punish the eco-unfriendly companies, but yet drive around large SUV's and Trucks.

4. Space Ghost

Personally, we should strongly discourage illegal immigration and we certainly should not grant them citizenship with a stroke of a pen. Anything else, such as granting post-work visas and government rights are up for debate.

Video source reference please....and I dont mean sourcing someone else saying he said it.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, it looks like mother nature is planning to cast her vote in the Iowa caucuses on Monday, as a significant snowstorm is forecast to blow into Iowa on Monday night. This can be expected to separate the committed supporters from the fair weather fans.

People have been wondering if the waves of traditionally unlikely voters will show up to support Donald Trump in Iowa, and elsewhere for that matter. But the question that now needs to be asked, will they brave a snowstorm for him on a Monday night, to go out and publicly state their support for him in front of their friends and neighbors.

Stay tuned.

This also has a bit of a cheap fiction theme to it, like a novel that starts out, "It was a dark and stormy night...." Just saying. ;)

6. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

I said i agree with you that we are often hypocrite but that doesn't eliminate the fact that i try to be good whenever i can as much as i can. I gave you a recent example to prove how your statement about hypocrites is not 100% because some of us out here try not to be hypocrite. We are not perfect man but me as a christian man it means i try! This is not a clique comment this is how i am man!!!!!

and yes you are right i did drop the christian word on purpose. I dropped it because lots of republicans are conservative christians that are fake. Just because you go to church doesn't make you christian if you dont try to be a good person. I did it on purpose yes you are right!!

7. Camarograna2

i know.. i have the audacity to be sensitive about that... can you believe it :)

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would fully support ejecting Trump supporters into space. The world would be better off without them.

9. Camarograna2

I was a Republican before because of my conservative values based on how I was raised. I think both parties are too much to their side (too left or too right) but being that things tend to pass more towards the middle i favored voting to the extreme right as they would end up putting in policies that were right centered. If i went to left then the middle ground would be more towards the left. I know neither party would represent me but felt that with republicans I had a better chance at the end result being more favorable to my views.

At the end of the day there will be disagreements in views.. that's natural... but there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and hating someone. Trump and his supporters (per the polls) are eating up his hate rhetoric and i can not support that.

On a side note.. who the heck are they polling? I have never received a poll call or surveys so just curious how they come up with those polls.
    On another side note. My wife who is a democrat (since we were married) and now leans more republican is waiting to see what the republican primary results end up being. I guess we are holding out hope that the polls are fake and the country is not full of racist.

#629 Camarograna2, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  10. dragician

dragician Member

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not many, he's Cuban. Plus, policies matter.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If there is a snow storm it probably isn't going to affect most of Iowa. Being just north of Iowa they are saying here to look for snow on Tuesday and this storm looks like it's taking a track coming from the SW. That means that parts of southwest Iowa might be affected and probably not the population centers of Des Moines, Sioux Falls, and the Mississippi valley.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You have multiple posters in complete disbelief of what you're posting. You ride "both sides do it" and exhibit willful ignorance to amazing levels all the while posting an absurd defense of Republicans and then claiming you don't supoort them. It's just an intellectual exercise in stupid apparently. +1 for the ole ignore.

14. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Unfortunately, it would appear it is exactly because of his anti-Hispanic, anti-Muslim policies that his supporters are willing to overlook everything else. Because, really, everything else is a contradicting mess.

Trump's policy proposals, if that's what we want to call them, don't matter.

Of course he can't make Mexico pay to build a wall on their border with us. Of course he'll never be able to forcefully deport over ten million people living in the USA.

What matters is he said he would. And when repeatedly ridiculed and confronted over his claims, he never backed down.

It doesn't matter that we have him on video affirming that he is pro-life and wouldn't rule out partial birth abortions. It doesn't matter that he vocally supported universal healthcare. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know a thing about the bible.

For months journalists have been struggling to find out how Trump can lead the polls after breaking so many rules of engagement in presidential politics. In interview after interview, the answers are the same: he isn't PC. He speaks his mind. He never apologizes or backs down.

What the republican nomination process has taught us so far is how large "anti-PC" movement in America is. For decades, republican politicians have been using 'dog whistles' to signal racist policies to their racist base. Sam put it well here:
    Well, Trump supporters are sick of politicians beating around the bush with dog whistles. They want someone who will tell it like it is. They want a president who will say blatantly racist **** because they're tired of staying in the closet. They wish they could be him, dishing out real talk to all those women, coloreds, and homos who think they run the place now.

There's no better explanation for his unflagging support, because there's nothing else substantial to support. It's a typhoon of unapologetic bluster that his supporters see as heroic truth-telling. Trump's lack of experience, realistic policy goals, and blatantly democratic Clinton-supporting past can all be overlooked.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I Know I'm chiming in a day late, but how very telling for Trump to be able to play the martyrdom/victim routine by skipping the debate, allowing him to conveniently duck the questions about his proposed policies or stances on issues such as abortion or foreign policy

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aUTnu1MaeX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You could save a lot of money by just sending Trump, I don't think his supporters need to be executed for refusing to think. Besides, they are set to pay dividends for a decade or more, just the pure entertainment factor of Trump's candidacy has been fun.

18. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I've been polled once, but that was back when I still had a land line. Besides, if you do the math, they survey about 1000 people for every poll (with the exception of the truly large polls, NES, GSS, etc.), so the chances of you being called for a poll would be about 1 in 300,000. Still better than the lottery.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It turns out that 1.4 million more people watched the last GOP debate that didn't include Trump than watched the previous debate with him.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-cA0NM5RAY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>