1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm sure Trump will do a speech of some kind after the debate, so he can get in the last word on everything discussed there. I could see Trump live-tweeting his reactions to the debate to try to steal the show. Still, it looks to me like a great opportunity for Cruz and potentially Rubio to have a big moment.

Quotes confirm the great stupidity I assumed of the Trump base. What I'm looking forward to seeing is how big that base really is.

2. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

im interested to see if obama will help bring the black votes for the democratic party again. You know the hispanics will come out to vote against the republicans because of their recent racist outlash but the question is if blacks will care to vote.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i'm pretty sure most black people have not forgotten that there are a few racists here and there that still exist in the (R) party.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/woLQI8X2R6Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no way the black vote comes out like it has during elections Obama was actually running in and I'm not sure hispanics will come out against the Republicans in the numbers you think if they run Rubio. If Trump gets the nomination, that changes everything because that would be enough to get pretty much every voting bloc organized to head out and vote against him.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

How was Ashcroft racist?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Idiocracy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nothing matters <a href="https://t.co/3oNJCeRlNB">pic.twitter.com/3oNJCeRlNB</a></p>&mdash; Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The scarier the candidate I think the more likely they will get out and vote. Trump will inspire any minority to get out and vote...

Although it's hard to say, people will say Obama contributed but african-american voter turnout has been rising for a while now. All I know is that whether it be Clinton or Sanders they both will get a large share of this vote.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that was more of just a random video showing extreme vibrato.

i'm sure ashcroft adores black people.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

In my experience, they are. There is dramatically more variance of opinions on issues in the Democratic party than in the Republican party these days. This is a large part of the reason that single payer wasn't even on the table when the ACA was being hammered out, with the rest of the reason being Obama's decision to preemptively give in to Republican demands in the naive hope that doing so would gain him support in the GOP.

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Democrats don't have to do much to get the black vote when Republicans work so hard to alienate it. The Grand Old Party may want to consider dropping the Southern Strategy and Culture Wars and try to win on solid policy.

11. JeffB

Supporting Member

Obama has done an amazing job of pretty much neutering the left wing of the Democratic Party. It is one thing I have been very displeased with him over. I don't know what possessed the man to every think the Republicans in office were gonna negotiate in good faith. McConnell made it clear how this was gonna go just weeks after the Obama was first elected to office.

12. JeffB

Supporting Member

Idiocracy indeed. You just can't make this stuff up. And if you did, no one would believe you!

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Hilarious- and sad. An Anti-Trump Planet

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2016/dispatches-anti-trump-planet/

Here's a snippet:

In Northern England, a Striking Resort to Profanity
    By Davy Lane

Bootle is the only parliamentary constituency in the United Kingdom in which the Monster Raving Loony Party—clowns in glam-rock attire with fruity-colored hair who canvas under the “Vote for Insanity” banner—surpassed a bona fide national party in a Parliamentary election. So what would the clearly open-minded Bootle voters make of U.S. billionaire Donald J. Trump and his “anti-establishment” campaign in the U.S. presidential election? I went to Bootle to find out.

Bootle sprawls to the north of Liverpool, much like the Bronx in New York. The area’s docks were a prime target for the Luftwaffe, and it was the most bombed borough in Britain during World War II. Today, two conspicuous, low-cost German supermarkets stand like watchtowers at opposite corners of Bootle’s main shopping district. Bookmakers, boozers, and a large bus depot are the next most obvious pieces of real estate. The Liverpool-Leeds canal cuts through the town, a reminder of when Bootle was a vital accessory to British wealth and power.

I first approached two grossly overweight women holding hands, with their respective cold spare hands each tightly gripping extra-large Subway sodas. They were gothic, pierced, and frighteningly friendly, but frankly, neither gave a damn about politics. They will probably never know how much Michael Bloomberg cares about them.

HE’S A TOTAL ****BAG, THAT FELLA
    In a bookies, Chris Saunders, 73, was watching the roulette wheel spin. This was Trump territory. Saunders possessed a scraggly beard and a protruding, yellow front tooth. He stared at me with a gimlet eye and responded to my Trump enquiry in classic, cryptic Liverpudlian fashion. “A good fire is worth two bankruptcies,” he said. I had never heard the expression before.

Doreen Woods, 78, was sitting alone like Eleanor Rigby in an area of plastic tables and chairs in the Strand shopping center. She had a hot coffee for company. Her blue rinse was in full effect. “He’s a complete d******d,” were her first words. As I bid farewell, she said there needs to be fewer immigrants. In the Jawbone Tavern, founded 1820, on Litherland Road, a regular—who the barmaid called Kenny—told me, “He’s a total ****bag, that fella.” Kenny declined further comment. From those who had actually heard of Trump—a little over half of all folks approached—there was a striking resort to profanity.

In the iconic Yates’s Wine Lodge, it was refreshing to meet two civilized, well-spoken ladies, Julie Wojcik, 49, and her mother, Joyce, 73, who were lunching over a bottle of white wine. Julie was quickest to the draw. “Trump is the biggest joke since Reagan,” she said. Her advice to American voters considering Trump? “DON’T, and write that in capital letters.” Joyce was for Hillary.

A man named Arthur grabbed my ear on the way out of Yates’s, telling me, “We’ve got our own problems. We don’t care about their problems.” He then turned his attention to the bartender and ordered two more Budweisers. Ordering drinks in twos is a classic Liverpool tradition.

On Monday, BBC Radio 4 broadcast a fascinating Michael Goldfarb documentary, “Trump and the Politics of Paranoia.” The next night a sobering one-hour documentary, hosted by Matt Frei of Channel 4 News, “The Mad World of Donald Trump” would air on prime time British TV. It included an allegation of rape by Trump’s first wife, Ivana, an allegation that was repeated in the British red-top tabloids. While once he may have indeed been a concern only for the cognoscenti debating in Parliament, Trump is now increasingly seeping into the consciousness of both the British elite and the general public, including, one presumes, the good people of Bootle.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It was about getting conservative Senate Democrats, like Ben Nelson, on board. Had nothing to do with Obama giving in to GOP demands. The votes were there in the house, but not the senate.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cut him some slack, those were just the Democratic talking points he was given for the day. He doesn't actually believe what he said.

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, this can't be helpful. Of course this is all a nakedly brazen publicity stunt by Donald Trump. Apparently the Vet's don't appreciate it, as they are now telling him they will not take his money and that they want him to leave them out of his 'political stunts'.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't this thread be, "Trump 2016: Yes We Can! (unless Megyn Kelly is going to be there..)"

1 person likes this.
  20. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Don't kid yourself thinking Trump is dumb or something. Trump is being extremely persuasive to the majority of people in the middle.......people driven by raw emotion and not intellectual debate.

And the charismatic person wins the presidency almost every single time. The eggheads ones who squeak through because they lack of a charismatic opponent become 1 term presidents.