1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Is Trump looking to get a hook up of some of dat good old poutine??? Goodbye presidency. Bernie wins this easily, wow.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Couric: “You’ve cited Alaska’s proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?”

Palin: “That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia…”

Couric: “Well, explain to me why that enhances your foreign-policy credentials?”

Palin: “Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of . . . . It’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send out those to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia…”

i hope the upcoming election has a few jewels like this. it's hard to beat palin though.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Palin.

Canada.

You can have her.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, they both want to optimize publicity for book deals, reality shows and speaking fees, no surprise here. Palin could probably be a Senator by now and position herself to effect real conservative change for generations to come, but she really just wanted to be on television and learn as little as possible.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How is this not obvious? He has said as much?

[​IMG]

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

It would have been awesome if he actually said that, but he didn't :/. Believable though.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Trump has Grandma Abstinence's vote, hooray!

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Is is time to make the call guys. Mine is that Trump will easily be the Republican nominee by Super Tuesday.

So in all likelihood, it will be Trump vs. Hillary. Yeaahaww!!!!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And her politicization of PTSD to excuse her ****ty parenting when her son beat the **** out of GF and got arrested for domestic violence.

She went from an airhead, to a low life scum.

Yup b****.

Obama and PTSD are to blame...:rolleyes:

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Yep. She is the only politician I have absolutely 0 respect for. Her parenting is a disgrace, as is her inability to take any responsibility for the fiasco that is her family. But when it comes to shifting blame and politicizing her family's ****-ups, she is a master.

12. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Oh God. I just realized I replied to a Ronny/Honey Bear thread. **** me.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not going to defend Sarah palin, but I also have no idea whether she was a good mother. Her daughter has sex and gets pregnant. If that disqualifies a mother than most American women are bad moms.

As for her son, I have no idea if he has PTSD or not

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I am now in complete agreement with Donald Trump.

I have no doubt that Donald Trump will make America grate.

(spelling intended)

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Republicans: Civil War will "trump" Captain America: Civil War.

16. droxford

droxford Member

You shouldn't assume that voters are rational.

Here's the deal....

Obama didn't get elected because of his abilities in governmental leadership. Sure, there were many voters who are intelligent enough to vote for a candidate based on rational thought (misguided or not). But everybody else voted for him because of novelty. Obama is a cartoon character image that has novelty, and THAT's what got him the additional votes he needed to become president.

...And the democrats are doing it again - with Hillary Clinton. Do you honestly think that she would be elected simply because of her ability to lead a government? Certainly, many intelligent people might vote for her for those reasons, but she'll get an immense amount of additional votes from the American public simply because of her novelty. She's another cartoon character. This is what the democrats have done to the office of POTUS. They've turned it into a cartoon. It's sad.

...And now, the only way the republicans have ANY chance of reclaiming the presidential seat is if they nominate a cartoon character of their own who also has novelty. The only GOP candidate that has that is Trump.

Who else has a chance of beating Clinton? Rubio? Cruz? No other republican candidate has ANY novelty, and therefore, no other republican candidate has any chance of beating Clinton.

If republicans have any brains at all, they will nominate Trump. It doesn't matter that he's wacky and says outlandish things... In fact, that's GOOD. His wackyness adds to his novelty. Do republicans want to put a legitimate politician candidate in the election and lose miserably to the democrat cartoon character? or do they want to nominate a wacky cartoon character of their own to fight novelty with novelty and possibly win?

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think I would like to nominate Donald Duck for President! He can run as a 3rd party candidate. It's a lock, even as a 3rd party candidate because faux cartoon characters simply cannot beat an authentic one. ?

18. droxford

droxford Member

Sadly, you're correct.

Honestly, if Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner was nominated he/she would probably win by a landslide.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't envy her role in what could escalate into an even more tense situation that has a believable mental illness component. She clearly could have kept her mouth shut but I'm more compelled to hope for the best than dwell too much on her comments.

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]