1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

all it would take is one person (protestor) to shoot a couple of people at one of those events. that would probably propel him to a win.

what a crapshow

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Cruz would do more damages imo.

Trump is a loud mouth crazy ego maniac. His ideas are all over the map and doesn't fit neaty with either party. If he gets to be potus, he may just self explode over frustration of divided government. Whatever damages he does is probably not to the economy and is short lived.

Cruz is cunning and smart enough to do lasting generational damages. Satanic description fit nicely with Cruz.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Can someone please tell me why any rational person would vote for this man? How does he have so much support by now? What is wrong with America... all the obvious signs are there that Trump is nuts.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I don't like Trump. I don't like his immigration perspective in particular, and I don't like his broad brush comments like his Muslims point.

The other candidates need to highlight Trump's policies. If he's still pro-abortion, anti-marriage, etc. like he used to be, then he'll lose a lot right there.

Trump just seems to be all about one-liners and his celebrity rather than substance. That needs to play out.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally agree with the last two posts.

I think the "March surprise" in the primaries will be his opponents revealing that Honey Bear / Ronny supports Trump. Then his star will sink like a cold, tainted, smelly rock.

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Cool. Now I can just ignore you. Jeez!? Cruz really gets under the skin of liberals... its pretty awesome

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

As a latina, your opinion is heavily biased and based on emotions.

Trump only supports deporting illegals and putting an end to illegal immigrant activity. He's not going to deport you for "pretending" to be white.

Still waiting for a legitimate argument on that point.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">British <a href="https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons">@HouseofCommons</a> debate on Barring Donald Trump from U.K. – LIVE 11:30am ET on C-SPAN <a href="https://t.co/7tifAEwreV">https://t.co/7tifAEwreV</a> <a href="https://t.co/V4aINzoHzw">pic.twitter.com/V4aINzoHzw</a></p>&mdash; CSPAN (@cspan) <a href="https://twitter.com/cspan/status/689088123234549760">January 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, that stuff's not helpful. Europe has a different idea about free speech than us, but really this does no good. Trump is not going to go radicalize England anyway. And it just gives him another arrow in his quiver. 'The Euros say I'm dangerous, so I must be doing something right!'

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The satanic description was from David Brooks, a Republican. I hardly disagree with his take.

1 person likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

I believe the debate is required by law. There was a petition by the people, and if it gets enough signatures, it has to be debated by Parliament - if I understand correctly. So it's not likely to be seriously discussed, but they have to go through the motions. It's an interesting idea that the citizenry can directly force Parliament to discuss things.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'd love to see Westminster style question period to be adopted in the House. Hell if the country is this partisan, lets just embrace it and quit with the decorum charade in the House. That means allowing members to laugh and mock each other during question time.

The Senate can continue to pretend to be the statesmanlike body. The House can go full partisan like they do in Westminster style governments.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think the most interesting bit was this:
    “Palin’s brand among evangelicals is as gold as the faucets in Trump tower,” said Ralph Reed, the chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition.

“Endorsements alone don’t guarantee victory, but Palin’s embrace of Trump may turn the fight over the evangelical vote into a war for the soul of the party,” he said.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Joke all you want, but she has a loyal following, and they vote.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh it's on.

Remember back in 2008 when VERY SERIOUS BBS people (and not just the clown princes like bigggtex etc) told us that Palin really was a serious conservative figure and that those who underestimated/mocked her were in for a shock?

We were in for a shock. She is even dumber/less credible/more of a joke than we had originallly anticipated.

1 person likes this.
  17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

She, like Trump, represents a significant portion of the Republican base whether David Brooks or anyone else likes it or not. If it comes down to a contest of Trump's unlikability vs Clinton's, at this point I have to admit I would give Trump's backers the slight advantage in "overcombing" the odds.;)

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Trump's campaign does some printing at one of our stores.

[​IMG]

19. thejav

thejav Member