1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Until solid proof comes out, I'm just going to continue posting innuendo about Clinton. This guy... LOL

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Guys that dedicate hours daily to argue on internet forums tend to be the dip**** neckbeards. Maybe get off the computer, shave that neckbeard, and go outside for once. I just got on here recently to see what the Hillary supporters have to say, but honestly you're the only full on Hillary supporter I've seen on here (actually, only one i've ever seen). I can understand if someone says they're voting for her because they just don't like Trump, but you actually support her. Quite astounding.

Oh, by the way. You still haven't responded to the fact that this article has no facts.

3. TheresTheDagger

Show me a well researched article that proves Trump is doing this, and I'll buy in. Until then....

Innuendo about Clinton. How rich. Remind me...who said this?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10634253&postcount=417

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So he is hiding his returns, what a coward.

DD

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

No, it's his business, his decision. It may however reveal a certain disdain for Trump. This is pure speculation with no basis in fact indicated or revealed.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, chump, but Sam is far from being the only supporter of Hillary Clinton here. As for your awkward attempt at being dismissive? Go back to school. You have a lot to learn.

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Trump is hiding his taxes because it will show that he is earning less than Hillary/Bill.

I mean we, and Trump, know the slander campaign would come out because he most likely is paying Romney level taxes. Shameful? Maybe, but he isn't doing anything illegal. I really feel that Trump could embrace it and his wealth and move on...like so many other things.

That being said if he was earning less than Hillary...idk. To me, the greatest source of credibility to Trump voters is his business success...and this isn't to say he isn't successful, but it sure would be interesting to see how he would react to that predicament.

8. Buck Turgidson

At this point how are his tax returns or anything contained within them a big deal? The people who won't vote for him already know he is who he is and the people who will vote for him don't care. Don't see much changing any of that.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Everyone is who he is. That doesn't mean anything. "See that stranger walking down the street there? He is who he is."

Who is Trump? I want to know how he makes his money.

And obviously the people who will vote for him don't care, or else they wouldn't be the people who will vote for him!

There can be more than two groups of people. There can be people who are undecided. There can be people who now want to vote for Trump but might change their minds if they saw his tax return. There can be people who now want to vote for Clinton but change their minds if they saw his tax return.

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Isn't he in the middle of an audit? Hasn't everybody said it would be crazy to release until the audit is complete?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only person who's said it would be crazy to release the tax returns before the audit is complete is Donald Trump. Nobody else has seen any reason why he can't release the tax returns. They would in no way affect the audit.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If the IRS is auditing him and finding out all his info, what would be crazy about publicizing all his info? They already know it! What's the crazy part? Is he trying to hide from the IRS or something?

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can wikileaks hack and release Trump's tax records and the dems call it even?

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If it shows up on tax returns, it's not really hiding it is it? Hiding tax returns from the public isn't illegal. Presidential candidates aren't required by law to share them. Hasn't this only been a thing since like 1978 and all by voluntary means?

Do we have any auditors here? Is Trump's excuse about the audit legitimate? What impact would it have on audits if they were released before being completed?

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why not show everyone?

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Show everyone what? His tax returns? I don't know, he claims it's because he's waiting for the audit to finish -- I'm asking if any auditors here think that's a legitimate excuse.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Damn you are clueless. Willfully so.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Clueless about audits and tax returns...yes, I'm absolutely clueless -- hence the question...

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

By "everybody" you mean "Donald Trump"

The conventional definition of "everybody" is that Trump has been widely criticized, from Mitt Romney to Paul Krugman, and everybody in between, for being the first major presidential candidate since this became standard practice 40 years ago to refuse to do it.

As usual, when you stand with Donald Trump on anything...you're pretty much guaranteed to be wrong. You could say that everybody should know that.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Have any previous Presidential candidates been under audit?