1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TrueHoops] Lin may not thrive in Houston like he did in New York

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Jul 15, 2012.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

These guys are on another level. Jason Kidd not a future HOF player because he was a threat to take minutes away from Lin.

2. vick

vick Member

Just yesterday, he said Lin was not coming back to Houston 100%. NOT CREDIBLE.

3. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Would you say that Stephen A. Smith is more of a douche than Skip Bayless? :grin:

I view them as equal. Lol :p

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Weak deduction based on limited statistical analysis

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It hasn't really been that way, only with the last few free agent (upcoming free agent classes) -- Melo, Dwight, CP3, and D.Williams.

Again for Lebron, he turned down every other big market to go to Miami (which only is 14th in media market size) and to play on a team that had a realistic shot at a championship. Same for Bosh.

It's not just about big market vs. small market in basketball, there's also a question of good franchises vs. bad franchises or the simple execution of team management.

When you throw in terrible team management in the equation, the names above drop from four to two (Howard and CP3 are off the list).

I do not see any reason to give more support to smaller market teams in the NBA, because there's no reason to. Why do mediocre teams, like Wizards, Cavs, Magic, Hornets, and Timberwolves are the ones who have all of the questionable draft picks and ridiculous salaries for above average players?

6. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Rather than repeating the same ill-informed point over and over on every forum (DD is that you?), you might try to look to relevant stats. Or at least read the original article.

Per the article:
    "Of the 102 players who attempted at least 90 jumpers off the dribble, only Stephen Curry and Steve Nash shot a higher field goal percentage than Lin."

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That's what scares me, "a star in the making". Will he get there? Does he have the physical make-up to endure a full season with starter minutes (+ p/o run)?

I don't care about truehoops' analysis or the zagillionewords out there I just want to know if the fellow can deliver in November and still deliver in (dare I say?) June?

Would Brooks back him up? Any other starting gigs out there for the taking, AB0?

8. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

He's got no midrange game whatsoever. His shooting stroke is broken.

9. Genuine

Genuine Member

ikr

not to mention Carmelo is near #1 when it comes to isos

teams and offenses never change, the ranks will be exact same next year...

smh at the guy who took the time to write this article

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Reading comprehension is not your forte. Re-read my previous post. I made it easy for you so you don't have to read the entire article that the OP posted.

Now how do you explain the fact that he was third in the league at jumpers off the dribble behind only Curry and Nash if he has no midrange game?

Cognitive dissonance must be frustrating, huh?

11. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Bad Move, aint nothing but a backup. Morey I know you saw that this guy can't handle defensive pressure and you still sign him. Lousy contract, enough said.

12. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

FT: Not over 80%
    3PT: .320%

Not good shooter.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

You cannot claim that Lin as a star yet, since he has only played 26 meaningful games in the NBA. However, these games a good indicators on Lin's capabilities, especially the Lakers / Dallas game. Also the Heat game, based on how Heat defends Lin.

If I have to choose a PG on a championship team among Lowry/Dragic/Lin, I would clearly choose Lin. Lowery/Dragic can be a good PG, and Lin has the potential to be a star on a championship team.

14. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

No team will ever win championship with Lin playing significant role. You can book it.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I don't know if I'd go that far. Lowry and Dragic were amazing PGs, borderline All-Star PGs. I think Lin's ceiling is slightly higher if he really puts work in, and only slightly higher, but Lowry and Dragic could have been PGs for any championship team easily.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I agree. I guess I am bothered with the fact that you have players like D-Will, CP3, Carmelo, Amare and Howard wanting to go to these horribly run teams like the Knicks, Nets, and Clippers just for the glitz and glamour.

17. T-Yex

T-Yex Member

with our imminent acquisition of Lin, I would be very surprised if dwight doesn't come to houston. With Lin making houston marketable again, DH's potential to become a global icon, because of China, has skyrocketed. dwights dismay with houston was because we weren't marketable before lin. guys, its tmac and yao all over again.

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I have no doubts that Lin will put on the work to max his potential. That's why I would bet on Lin over Lowery/Dragic. Plus, Lin already has huge star appeal, especially in China and Asia in general. Much easier to attract other stars to play with Lin in Houston!

I would say this, Lin would almost single handed bring Houston back from basketball irrelevance, just like how to did that to NYK last year.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Hmmm I don't care for Bayless.... Yeah, they're about the same douchebaggery.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Kinda like Melo and Amare might not strive in NYC, huh?