1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TrueHoop] Building a Summer League Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-42-59/How-You-Assemble-a-Summer-League-Roster.html

Good article based on the Rockets summer league team.

2. Strawman

Strawman Member

Gaines is a Rocket?

3. blender

blender Member

Excellent find, Hayesfan. Thanks for posting it.

IIRC some "insider" recently posted that the Rockets are looking at D-Leaguers hard, and it looks like he/she was right. I wonder how many of these summer league guys will be stashed in that D-League team the Rockets will be running now.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Didn't he come a couple years ago in the trade with Orlando?

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

He has Rockets' mentality.

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Oh wait, my bad wrong gaines.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You're thinking "Reese".

8. shutkip

shutkip Member

Nah, that was Reece Gaines

9. Dei

Dei Member

Kinda sad Mike Harris didn't come back.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I was sittinh with Yoyo and RAID during last night's game vs the Summer Mavs. A few thoughts based on what I see.

For a short chunky PF, Gaines has some very good atheleticism and hops. You can tell his older than most. Like a MILF hanging out with college girls.

Conroy,too, looks and acts older than most. He was frequently talking to teammates and coaches. I don't know if he can play in the NBA but I think he can make a few bucks overseas as a productive player and probably can make a good coach.

I can see why Newley surprised White when he did well in practice. Not so much cuz he don't got NBA body, but more cuz he don't got NBA face. Even when doing well his face looks like he is exhausted after running a marathon.
    Budinger gets "reminders from" coaches telling him to move somewhere fairly frequently.

Dorsey made some good plays but if he plays significant minutes we will see more of the "Adelman death stare".

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It was Michael Keaton in "My Life".