1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

True story - never been to Toyota Center, where should I sit?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Dec 15, 2022.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....so I grew up in Houston and have been watching the Rockets since I was a tiny kid - earliest memory is my Dad watching the UH title game with Olajuwon on a tiny black and white TV in our garage with his biker gang(my parents were kids themselves when they had me). Managed to catch a few games at the Summit but since I haven't lived in Houston since the late 80s, I've only managed to see subsequent Rockets games live in other arenas despite watching most games on league pass for many many years now. Have visited family many times in the area but it never worked out that I could be in town and be able to catch a game at the same time until now....

I got a birthday coming up and my wife and I agreed to take our teenage girls to the game to see their first NBA game...thinking of catching the Portland game or more likely the Orlando game next week....but where do I sit? Anyone who frequents the arena got some pro tips for an out of towner? Parking tips/sections to sit in to be able to see the game well enough? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks again - feel silly being such a big fan and yet never having an opportunity to visit this stadium but I'm pumped to get the opportunity to see this team.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ib4 someone tells you to sit close enough to the bench so Silas can hear you boo each time he subs Sengun out

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Orlando. You might as well pack a sleeping bag with you too

glimmertwins likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Sitting downstairs as close as possible is always cool but I have always liked the 1st row upstairs in 409,410,426 or 427 for a nice overhead view to see everything clearly.
    [​IMG]

5. xaos

xaos Member

Really happy for you!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Long-time STH here.

Section 409 or 410. That’s the escalator side. Best upper deck seats. I recommend not sitting behind the backboards in lower bowl.

for parking, most reliable free parking (that is also a short, well-lit, feels-safe walk) is on Clay. Fannin just past Clay has spots on the left that people think are no-parking. But if you read the signs, you are fine.

beware of parking under trees if the birds are downtown. You will pay more to clean your car after, than paying for off street parking. Clay also also paid parking that is reasonable. I like Clay, because your walk has Toyota Center directly in front of you — it dead ends into TC. The vibes build as you approach. it is well-lit, reasonable, and plenty of others are walking with you.

then again, for my first visit, I might just do the Tundra garage, or Jackson street garage.

glimmertwins and aaquaa like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If possible next to Hakeem so you can fist bump him during exciting plays.

Jontro, glimmertwins and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

105 through 109

118 through 122

Any seat in those sections are a great viewing experience if you can afford it, make sure to bring your glasses (or any of your family) if your at all near sighted, I’ve made that mistake before.

glimmertwins likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

go for the center most seats you can get. i used to sit behind or diagonal to the rim and it suxed.

glimmertwins likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I always sit next to Tilman.....he seems to always leave his wallet in other pants

glimmertwins likes this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Buy cheapseats and then move down in between quarters.

glimmertwins and lionaire like this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What’s your Sith name? Darth Partner?

glimmertwins likes this.