1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

true love or 10 million dollars?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kyakko, Dec 25, 2008.

?

10 mil or true love?

1. the money, i'll find someone else

127 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. true love, it'll never come again

57 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

this is from the slum dog post. this is assuming you have nothing to start out with.

think carefully before you answer. i once was an idealist but life has sorta humbled me. 10,000,000 dollars doesn't buy love but it certainly helps. for example, you can't pay for a girl's heart, but you can take her to paris and you wouldn't be fighting over where rent $ will come from.

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

true love any day. wait.. yeah. Tru love. :D

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

love is hormonal imbalance, makes you think funny and irrational, at least hate makes you calculating. true love aint buy you a house, give you financial stability, give your kids the best education money can buy etc etc.

4. Apps

Apps Member

The money, cause true love, just like love, is something you don't miss until you lose it. The money, on the other hand, is something everyone misses everyday, despite never having it.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, with 10 mil you can find someone who can at least pretend to be your true love... and you become rich in the process. I say win-win. ;)

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Money. I wouldn't even think twice.

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

i was expecting a lot more for true love, especially from the younger members.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

True Love. Most definitely. You can't really enjoy that money otherwise.
    Remember we're talking about true love here. Not the stuff people are bringing up from other threads. Not 'I thought she loved me but she was just after my Hello Kitty collection'. Not the 'I just found out I got cheated on' person.
    So $10mil or someone who will stand by you the rest of your God given life?

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If I could have one under the tree, GUARANTEED:
    10 million. I dont mind living with synthetic love.

Middle to lower class people that already have true love, I think more people than not would think it over a few times trading in their true love for 10 million.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its probably because girls are fickle creature and to them "love" is whatever makes them happy at the time.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's my point though. You're comparing $10mil to what your conception of love or 'false' love has been and all the faults of your past experiences. But the OP's question was 'true love'. And though that might vary a bit from one person to the other, I would think any definition would include someone who stands by you thick or thin, whatever faults you have or mistakes you might make.
    Frankly, other than a bigger house and possibly some more vacations, someone with $10mil doesn't live that much differently than I do right now. But if they had a trophy wife and I had my true love, I guarantee you I'd be much happier.

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I am not quite cynical enough to say there is an amount of money I would prefer to true love. Certainly not on Christmas day. If the condition of receiving the money was that I would never have true love I couldn't take it. But if the option was to take the money or meet your true love tomorrow and if you take the money you still might find love but you will have to take your chances I would take the money.

Because there already are people I truly love that I could help with the 10 mil.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i guess this would mean i'd be oblivious as to know what true love feels like in the first place? you don't know happiness, unless you know pain.

give me the money.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You have IMO multiple opportunities for true love
    More people find True Love than 10 million dollars
    and
    When you have 10 million dollars
    you have more free time to find True Love
    and More money and time to spend on it.

Rocket River

15. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I think I could be happy going through life without true love if I was rich.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think the point is you can only have one. If you can take the $10 million dollars then go find true love then of course you take the money. After all, it's easier to fall in love than make $10 million.

But what if you can only have one? If you take the $10 million, you can never fall in love. Would you do that?

17. LoveRoxHateJazz

18. Fatty FatBastard

I mean this with all sincerity. Women want security. And they typically will take it above all else, unless they're under 25.

And I completely understand it. You don't have to make $10 M. $100,000 should suffice.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

$10 million.

Just because I can't fall in love with her, doesn't mean she can't fall in love with me or my money. :cool:

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't want either if I don't actually "earn" it.