1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(True Hoop) Rockets Source: "they might end up as the worst team in the league."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 9, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

is this in the pandemic? Damn it’s almost as stupid as what harden was doing

Jontro likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I just had a long talk/argument with HP3 defending Westbrook about this.
    Russ is passing the buck and using this as a cop out for poor play.
    He obviously didn’t really care about protocols.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of athletes, and just a lot of people in general, have been lax when it comes to Covid or just don’t care about it at all

this is Trae Young hooping in a packed gym back in June

not a mask in sight, and going in there to tell everyone there it’s irresponsible and trying to enforce social distancing or mask usage would get everybody telling u to stfu

Russ bringing up issues with Covid irresponsibility is BS...that is if it’s even true in the 1st place

4. shlhl

shlhl Member

worst case ..................wall/Cousin got hurt and out for the season plus no return for harden,

5. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, yall can say what you want. BUT It's not like athletes dont have access to testing for these gatherings, Im just saying.

snowconeman22 and napalm06 like this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

F this - we have a chance to be the best team in the league when either Harden stays and plays like he really wants a championship or we get a star player plus picks back.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Based on the BS they have been putting out, my guess is that the "source" is Westbrook, thus nothing intelligent or accurate is being said.

roslolian and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook isn’t talking to TrueHoop...nobody of relevance is talking to TrueHoop when Shams, Woj, Chris Haynes, etc are all available

Jontro likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The worst team might be Sacramento.

Do not like Haliburton and Marvin Bagley, there is something not right with their development department.

And they may be trading Buddy Hield.

Spurs have maxed out motivation IMO.

KAT is mourning the loss of his mom, family, still lacking leadership. (Minny)

#130 daywalker02, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox DID have a chance of being the worst team in the league, thats cuz Wall and Cousins have not played in years and if those two sucked with Harden not showing up the Rox wouldve relied on Wood and EG to win games. But with Wall and Cousins playing great and the Rox drubbing Chicago by 20 I think its obv they dont have any chance of being the worst team in the league now.

As crazy as it is I like the Rox situation over a lot of other good teams, particularly Clippers, GSW, Raps and Portland. If you think Rox situation is bad what about the Spurs? Hell Dallas looks amazing with Luca but I bet Cubes having sleepless nights on how brittle Porzingis is. I am impressed with Stone, and the team offense under Silas was like a breathe of fresh air after years of "Horns" plays every possession. We even have some youth and upside, both Wood and Caboclo are only 25 and look like they gonna have a breakout year.

Personally I'm ready to move on from Harden era, I'd prefer it if he stayed but if wants to leave then dont let him be a distraction to the other guys. Get a solid return from a former MVP and move on.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Reminder; as GREAT as Boogie/Wall looked and the team overall, let’s not forget it was a PRESEASON game. We’re the Bulls even in the Bubble? If not they haven’t played since March.

I’ve seen plenty of preseason opening victories and even preseason dominations only to fall flat in regular season. Didn’t that happen in McHales last year? We started the season like 0-6 after having a great preseason.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Weird comeback, considering the original claim was made before no halves of no preseason games, and we were down 4 rotation players, and Clutch was being cheeky.

Jontro, Deuce and Richie_Rich like this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No, teams what win their first preseason game win the championship 100% of the time

D-rock, snowconeman22 and Kevooooo like this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Probably closer to 99% but you can round up.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  16. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

Your right you are crazy so it’s not your fault you write such stupid shi t. Wall n cousins are going to be on limited minutes the entire year . Cousins is a back up who’s a shell of himself. Wall is another guy who is old and can’t play significant mins without getting hurt . Beside that even when he was playing he was no where the Same player. Last time he played he shot 30 percent from 3 and right at 20 points . Westbrook is 10 x the player wall is and rockets heavily downgraded their team with that trade . Rockets are a 8 th seed if the season goes perfect

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Doubling down on stupid is always a good idea.

s3ts likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Theoretically the Bulls are now the worst team. ;)

s3ts likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm not a fan for tillmen's rox by any means, but wtf is truehoops? brabra could run a website more intelligent than that.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

So... Lets be real here.

Eastern Conf worst teams:
    Cavs, Hawks, Pistons, Knicks, Bulls, Hornets, Wizards

Western Conf worst teams:
    Warriors, Minny, NOP, Sac, Spurs, Suns, Grizz.

Even if Harden decides not to play because he doesn't care about money anymore (which is NOT going to happen), this roster and the way the team plays looks to be better than at least 6 of those teams.

It's an easy bet -- I'll donate 20 to the tip jar if the Rockets is the worst team in the league. I'm quite sure I'll win that bet. I always bet safe.