1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tru Blood (Premier)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I know Lafayette being alive is changing it from the books, but that is one change I am good with. Whenever that dude is on screen it is pretty classic.

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you mean, in the latest episode, yeah I think he's very different because his circumstances are so different. Being chained to some weird wheel, while waiting to be tortured and killed is bound to take the starch out of just about anyone.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Look if you want to know...

Mary Anne is a Maenad from Greek mythology

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Just started watching the season 1 and due to pressure from the gf, am almost done with the first book. While i thought the book was fairly well written with a lot of interesting ideas and a great start, i also found it... umm... a little dull. Is the book series more like a "Chic" thing or is it just me?

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Sure you arent reading "Twilight?"

Kidding.

I havent read the books yet, but I usually anything with a Female lead is counted in the "chick" category. Its about as "Chick" as Buffy the Vampire Slayer was, in my opinion.

6. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I am talking overall. It has already been old news that his character was expanded and then allowed to live to Season 2 because how popular he was.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I don't know, I started reading the books due to liking season 1 of the show so much. I'm almost done with book #7 now and I'm totally hooked. I actually think the first book was the weakest, so I'd encourage you to stick with it and see if you like the 2nd more.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The second episode opened up a lot of things for the rest of the season. It will be interesting. I still think Lafayette will turn vamp, and Maryanne is out to take Merlotte's from Sam. Sookie really f'ed up by taking Jessica to see her folks. Bill is gonna have to handle the situation somehow, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I cant wait for next Sunday.

9. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I see a three way with Sookie in the cards.

Also I think Sarah Newlin is gonna get naked possibly with jason. That actress has done nudity before and the uptight character depiction makes it seem likely.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok, I've watched the first 3 episodes so far of season 2, and I have to admit this show is a guilty pleasure.

I saw kind of a "recap" of season 1, but I guess I should still go back and watch it to catch up because I have no idea what the end of last night's episode means.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

They have a hell of a deal on Amazon for Season 1, 32.98 w/shipping included. I bought it yesterday for my Dad to have something to watch.

Last nights episode was alright, not as much action as the first two but still OK. I was hoping to see Lafayette as a vamp though. :D

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if you are talking about the scar that Daphne had (who is hot was hoping to see her from the front too) I think its just showing that she is the same creature that attacked Sookie earlier. I remember eric asking if it was a werewolf or something like that. Chances are that the "minotaur" is similar to the other beings in that it can turn people by scratching them and injecting them with its venom?

I know its a show about vampires and all but was I the only one who said WTF? when the minotaur appeared?

sucks about the 1 week hiatus, the show is a nice guilty pleasure for me to watch.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

there sure are plenty of t*tties floating around too.

14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Season 1 won't answer that question. The show is also departing from the books in this area.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well I kind of figured that, since it seems to be new character and a new story arc... just wondered if maybe I had missed something.

I'll probably watch S1 anyway.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its worth it to see

Jason's girlfriend Amy naked over and over

[​IMG]

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

This show is good.

I also really liked "Hung."

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

are we positive that he isn't one at this point? i thought that when they brought him back to his house, and he slowly curled up on his couch, that they were going to reveal that they turned him. no dice though.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So, how was Anna Paquin's rack?

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

Only three eps in, and this season _owns_.