1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tru Blood (Premier)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

the redhead is pretty cute. I liked the episode, looking forward to the new episodes, should be fun.

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Man that was some pretty open nudity for her this episode. I remember last time she finally showed a peak but this was out in the open lights on tata's.

I need to read the wiki on the last few episodes though cause I forgot like 3 of the plotlines.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When did lafayette get caught?

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

end of last season he was throwing out the trash when a vampire came and attacked him.

i thought he was killed and left in the car of the detective but i guess wrong

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

In the books, Lafayette was the one who was killed. I can see why they wanted to keep his character around though.

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The first season really followed the books pretty closely, but now it looks like the TV show is going to start diverging widely. I can also see why they want to keep Lafayette, he's one of the most compelling characters on the show.

7. Master Baiter

It definitely looks as if they are going more and more away from the books which is good and bad. I haven't been disappointed with anything that they have done so far. I just hope that we get to meet some future characters.

8. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Yeah, a good bit of the story lines are now starting to move away from the books, but they have to show something besides Sookie the whole episode, so as long as they dont get r****ded it should be ok.

9. Master Baiter

I am kind of pissed that we haven't met Bubba yet.

10. fmullegun

Lafayette is also acting much less gay. I realize he is in a bad situation but hopefully this moves him closer to a real character and less of a punchline/stereotype.

11. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Agreed. Though, the Presley Estate may be holding that one up.

I'd like to see more Pam, as well. She's great in the books.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see Lafayette as a stereotype at all. His character is an out/flamboyant gay guy, who is also a bad ass drug dealer who has no problem womping people upside the head. I'd say that is the opposite of the "limp wrist" homosexual stereotype and one of the main reasons his character is so compelling.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah same here. I'm wondering if they'll eventually introduce Quinn. I can't remember which book he finally shows up in. I'm on book 7 now so they're all kind of running together.

14. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The conversations between Bill and Jessica were funny, "we recycle in this house", and the whole thing about her wanting to eat Sookie. Good stuff.

I really liked the first episode, I think Lafayette will turn vamp. I think Eric will turn him to take Eddie's place. Eddie was giving up the V voluntarily, so Lafayette wasn't really committing a vamp crime. I think he will make a hella funny vamp. :D

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Cant edit so heres a link to an interview with Nathan Ellis where he gives some insight on whats to come. Spoilers are included.

Link

16. fmullegun

He developed into that when the show went on. At first he was the gay chef who wears the thing on his head.

I like him because he seems to be the only one with any sense. You didn't notice he is acting different? His voice change dramatically. I hardly even recognized him.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

*Nelsan Ellis*

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i like the tv lafayette early in the season when he had that scene in his car and his phone has that 'pick up the phone biyatch' ring tone.

he's nothing much in the books.

i think its fine when they only concentrate on one character in the book. but for a tv show, its hard not to show other characters plots and stories.

my favourite character might be that werewolf alcide hearveaux of shreveport. i got him as some bad ass hairy dude whos a total softie/gentleman when it comes to his gf and sookie.
    oh and pam's hilarious.

19. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

I liked it. Looking forward to the the episode.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lafayette is one of the more interesting characters in the show
    because he has a good mix of humor and common sense/practicality

While he started out as a bit of a stereotype .. imo he developed
    [i dunno if it was the writers or the actor]

I would have hated to see him killed off so soon
    Sookie and Jason seem superstupid . . . ridiculously stupid at times
    they need counterbalance

Rocket River