1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tru Blood (Premier)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

No offense, man, but the simple fact that you called Eggs "that Black guy" and Lafayette "the gay character" kinda makes me think you weren't overly committed to the show to begin with.

Having said that, I somewhat agree with you: Jason shooting Eggs was a bit far-fetched and I miss bad-ass Lafayette.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're right! I was forced to watch this show so I did my best. The show is just OK for me. The only thing I liked about True Blood after 2 seasons was 1st season Lafayette, and the Jessica/Hoyt (I had to look on wiki for their names) relationship which I find more endearing and believable than Sookie/Bill.

I will be forced to watch season 3 so I hope this season is better than the last. I heard there is a werepanther which sound promising.

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's pure speculation on my part, but i would venture to say that lafayette's (the gay one) charater changed drastically due to the fact that
    not really a spoiler at this point but, he was killed at the end of book 1 (season 1). that gave the creators, and writers a clean slate to do what they please

4. ryan_98

Supporting Member

imo, season 3 is better in certain ways... although, the werepanther doesn't hold anything of interest.

and, this deviates from the book the most of the 3 so far.

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I was really disappointed in last nights finale. Not really a spoiler but I'll tag it just in case.
    It's like they're making it up as they go along. Bill's ulterior motive? I'm Tara. Out. Jason and the inbreds? In the back? And finally...POOF!
    Apparently the writers didn't learn anything from 'Heroes'.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I wasn't really disappointed but the episode certainly wasn't GREAT. I have to read book 4 but honestly, with the exceptions of a few spots, this season didn't really follow Club Dead very much so I wouldn't think it would follow the next much either.

I do like where they are taking Sam and his "dark" past along with Bill going balls to the wall vs the Queen, Eric, Russell and Pam. I just hope the introduction of witchcraft will bring some darker stuff into the equation and they bring back Russell as he had developed into one my favorite characters.

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The show has gone full-on soap opera. I don't know if I can hang with another full season.

9. joesr

joesr Member

either the fiary part suxors or she suxs at the fairy part, either way, loved the rest

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Too many damn story lines, and not much time spent on each. Some of the side ones get annoying.

Do the books also run with so many story lines? Not sure if this sort of story-telling works in book form, but as a weekly TV show the pace just feels weird (and yes, soap opera-ish... but the day time soaps come on daily and run on and on... so that's yet a different sort of medium with a different pace).

11. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

The show has strayed so far from the books that it is pretty much unwatchable. I just don't understand it since the first several books were the strongest of the series. Maybe they didn't think they were "edgy" enough. Whatever they are\were thinking, I don't like it. It's been very disappointing.

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The ending was good for me in several ways:

- Tara might killer herself.
    - Sookie has disappeared, hopefully forever.
    - Bill might (should) get killed by Sophie-Anne.
    - Eric lives and is still awesome.

Of course, given that it's loosely based on a "Sookie Stackhouse" novel series, I don't anticipate Sookie will be gone. Bill will win his fight, too, and continue squabbling over Sookie like a little puppy with Eric (who is obviously the German Shepard).

Still hope Tara kills herself though. She's annoying.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Books are strictly centered around Sookie while the other charcters revolve in her "world". While the show now has tons of different storylines going, the book focuses on one main storyline and lets everything flow from that. I'll read the books to get hints about Sookie and Bill's storyline and somewhat Eric's but truth be told the show has taken most of the characters in vastly different directions.

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i was disappointed in the finale myself

15. ryan_98

Supporting Member

moondog beat me to it.

[​IMG]

like lost, this show is losing my interest very fast. maybe a 6-8 month break before it returns will bring back my curiosity, but after how season 3 ended vs how book 3 ended.... i'll stick with the books.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Add me to the list of those disappointed with the finale. Without spoiling any endings, I can definitely that say that each little subplot of the finale completely surprised me -- just for the most part, not in a good way.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Here's hoping Tara keeps on driving and never comes back to the show.

18. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

All I have to say is...

I love the show True Blood, but Anna Paquin is so ******* ugly.

/thread

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Show fell off faster than Heroes.

20. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1183217"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 4 Trailer&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1183217%26filter=true-blood%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1183217" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 4 Trailer&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1183217%26filter=true-blood%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Season 4 Trailer" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1183217&autoplay=true">Season 4 Trailer</a></div>

1 person likes this.