1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tru Blood (Premier)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DUCK2324, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well, that sure was gay.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thoughts on the episode, and where the season may be headed?

the snoop dog song was terrible

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Very good episode last night, although that last scene with Bill and Lorena was a bit uncomfortable to watch yet could pull my eyes away from the screen.

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Pam is becoming one of my favorite characters on the show... :grin:

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I've kind of grown tired of tara too...her character pretty much hasn't grown at all since the first episode of season 1. Lafayette on the other hand, is awesome.

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i really like alcide in the book. i thought his introduction was rushed and it doesnt look like theyre gonna develop his character in the show much, other than eric's hired werewolf.

dont like sam's story.

thought they were gonna show more with the girl jason saw in the drug bust in eps 2, but nothing so far in eps 3. this should be the girl in the panther community i think.

7. ryan_98

Supporting Member

yeah, they skipped quite a bit from the introduction going straight to the club. maybe they'll expand on it some, but as i recall sookie and alcide spent time in his apartment, and a few other places around town before the bar... maybe i'm remembering it in the wrong order though.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Disclaimer: I haven't read any of the books nor care to.

Anyway, I am disappointed that Eric appears to be turning into a pansy. He was a pretty cool character in season 2, but is getting a bit too considerate of Sookie and it's pretty annoying. The number of characters that aren't boring/don't annoy me is dwindling... now it's just Jason and Lafayette. Franklin seems promising.

9. g1184

g1184 Member

I'm with this guy. Also, I thought the underlying story arch was figuring out what the hell sookie was (other than increasingly annoying), but they keep introducing new mythical beast/creature things and getting off track.

If this keeps up, I'm going back to Axe Cop.

10. ryan_98

Supporting Member

anybody still watching this? i fell two weeks behind, but i'm caught up now.

i didn't expect them to go all sopranos, and give me the sookie coma dream sequence (fortunately it only lasted a portion of the episode and not weeks).

11. g1184

g1184 Member

still watching. god knows why. they're getting back on track though ... just need to cut down on some of the silliness.

shape-shifter story: not interesting
    latin gay love interest story: not interesting
    jason-stackhouse story: not sure if interesting
    werewolf story: only interesting that the one guy owns werewolves, but overall not interesting.

black-girl hates vampires story: we get it. she hates vampires. enough.
    red-head vampire waitress story: figure out where bill is already.

mississippi king power-grab story: interesting
    viking revenge story: interesting
    the hell is sookie story: interesting

12. what

what Member

eric has an interesting story. Jason is interesting by himself beyond story. And Tara is interesting as far as her acting. She has no story though. I am not that interested in the other story lines. Bill out to get sookie could get interesting, but somehow I highly doubt that bill has bad intentions for sookie. It is a smoke screen.

13. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

How the **** did Bill get his hands free to put the chain around Lorena's neck so Sookie could kill her??

In the previous episode his hands were shackled to the floor, and all of a sudden he appears out of nowhere to grab Lorena.....

Did anyone else catch that???

14. ryan_98

Supporting Member

i was curious about that as well. from what i remember, they've deviated pretty far from the book.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: For those that read the book. Is SOOKIE suppose to be her real name or just a nickname?

Rocket River

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

sookie removed them before Lorena grabbed her

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Sookie is her name; Sook is her nickname.

18. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I hated Lorena way too much to have her die so quickly.

I trust that Eric is going to get his revenge on the King and that will be epic (i hope).

I know what sookie is no spoiler from me (another damn website revealed it) and this is getting out of hand.

Lots of stuff going on now and at this rate, I expect a unicorn and a leprechaun with a Cajun accent to pop in next season.

By the way, is Franklin dead? Tara straight brained him but she looked scared when she found out vamps go all liquidy when you kill them. Franklin didn't liquefy he just laid there with half a head...

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea. I kind of like having her around. She was vicious.

I think he should return

Rocket River

20. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

That is the only explanation, but there was no footage of it actually happening.

She is talking to him, telling him how much she loves him and Lorena says something like, "Isn't that sweet." Next thing you know she has Sookie up against the wall biting her.....episode ends.

Following episode shows him reaching up to grab Lorena, so Sookie can kill her. I am going to watch it again, but I don't think they show her freeing Bill's hands.