1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Triple double by T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YugoRocketsFan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

I'm not saying turning TMac into a Nash. I'm saying this is the Rockets basketball that was expected since Rick Adelman was hired. Yao doing his thing and leading the team in scoring+rebounding+block shots, TMac leading the team 2nd in scoring and leads the team in assists, and all the role players score over 12 points. Last night's game, the Rockets offense was beautiful, but not quite as perfect as Adelman's Sac Kings. Hopefully the Rockets will be getting there soon.

2. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

No, Adelman's intention was to make T-Mac more of a scorer, not playmaker like last season. he is the 2nd best scorer in the league, and while his passing is nice, he needs to be used as such. For the time being this offensive style is fine, but as you saw in the playoffs, T-Mac as primary playmaker won't work.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Bill said it best last night. If it was as easy as just passing the ball to your teammates, it wouldn't be so different. People have to make those shots that the passer gives them. Last night Bonzi made nearly every bucket that T-Mac got him under the basket. How many times in the past can we say that??

T-Mac as primary play-maker works if the role players make a normal percentage of their shots. Not if they have a super duper day, but at least getting close to your season/career average when taking the selected shot T-Mac gets for ya.

That being said, it should be done in stretches, not for entire games, since that will likely reduce his effectiveness in scoring.

4. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

T-Mac as primary playmaker will get us only so far. He should be used off ball and in iso's on the elbow, not in pick and roll after pick and roll. It is not every game that Bonzi will have such mismatches or the shooter will be hitting their shots, or Yao won't be bullied and fronted. Taking away the burden of playmaking and giving T-mac better angles to score and be a dominant force that stays the fresh the whole game requires a PG to be the primary playmaker, and the Rockets right now are lacking that.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

T-Mac is loving Rick Adelman's offense. I think T-Mac will get more than 1 triple-double this season EASILY.

6. vmac

vmac Member

And you prefer to hate more...

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

No you're missing the point because you did not even address the point. T-Mac when in the lineup the Rox winning percentage is something like 70%. So obviously by your lack of intelligent retort you must be still trying to escape puberty. :rolleyes:

Hello? How do the Rox play when T-Mac is out? Anyone, anyone ... Buehler!

LIKE ***** !!!

The prostitution rests, your honor ... :D

8. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

You obviously are YOFs and clueless here. First, TMac has always passed to the open guy but our scrubs just never made the shot like they did tonight. If you notice, TMac took his usual number of shots so he didn't really do anything that differently.

Second, as someone has pointed out Adelman's offense is not meant for TMac to become a playmaker, its for EVERYONE to become a playmaker ESPCIALLY Yao. Before Adelman, TMac did all the playmaking all by himself put a lot of pressure on himself.

Again just because we won one game where Yao scored more and TMac had some assists doesn't make it the model for success. Its just means that our role players actually hit open shots.

9. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I didn't address the point or you didnt understand my post? I think it's the latter.

you really should rest for your honor cuz people who speak your language are
    ... never mind..

you rest boy.

10. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

It didnt' work last season because Rockets didn't have Bonzi, Scola, and their offense style wasn't that good, and it's too predictable. This season, Adelman's intention as we all heard he stated, is to make Yao and Tracy, and everyone else score points easier than last season. So therefore, Yao leads the team in scoring, TMac leads the team 2nd in scoring and leads the team in assists, and everyone else scores over 10+ points. This is similar to Adelman's offense but with a dominant scoring center.

Hopefully this Rockets team can play similar or better than Adelman's Sacramento Kings sooner or later.

11. BayAreaG510

BayAreaG510 Member

Of course not every game, Bonzi, Scola, Francis, can score over 20 points. All of them are capable of scoring over 20 points. But now that they're bench firepowers, I'll be happy if all of them can score over 12 points each every game.

The ideal stats that the Rockets will be at their best is Yao scores 28+ points and 10+ boards along with 2 or 3 block shots and 3 assists, TMac scores around 22 or 23 points and goes along with 8+ assists and 8+ rebounds, and everyone else scores 12 points each. Shane playing some lock down defense and hitting those open 3 pointers, Chuck Hayes and Luis Scola with his 10+ boards, Bonzi and Steve and maybe James providing the bench spark. Now THAT'S Adelman's offense at it's best!

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

It should depend on matchups who leads the offense on any given night.some night we play a team where they lack a matchup for tracy, then let tracy go to work. then there is some games where teams have no answer for yao. then let yao go to work. thats the beauty of having two superstars who are elite players.

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

There's nothing to understand, BOY!

This started with you telling us that T-Mac only gets to make plays because he draws double teams constantly. Why is that? Because T-Mac, like Magic, Jordan, Wade, and Kobe (at least) somewhat make their teams better. Because they get easier looks and better shots. Watch some Rox games when T-Mac isn't playing. It's like night and day the difference. T-Mac is special.

Then you come back with a dig to my screenname. Had you had the intelligence God gave a mule, BOY! You would see that's sarcasm in retort to Cuban's "MFFL" Mav Fan For Life title he wears on his shirt at almost ALL NBA games he attends and I took the screenname because of Cuban's extracurriculars with the NBA officials during our playoff in 05 and his politiking job concerning Yao. So you see I'm not a hater. :rolleyes:

In conclusion, try actual logic when basing your arguments (which I and Blazer_Ben tried to point out to you but you uh ... nevermind) it makes it so much more entertaining for the rest of us instead of being baffled by your mindless drivel.

As for what language I speak. I speak english and I speak logic and you obviously speak with a "perpetual dumbass" dialect. :D

Just like Ron White says "you can't fix stupid!" :D

Deal with that, BOY !!!

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

you call it hate, i call it love for the team. don't get blinded by your love for
    a single player. you're too ignorant for this board. grow up.

15. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

Yeah, he's much better than this Jason Kidd guy. :rolleyes:

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That wouldn't be hitting on all cylinders, that's if he just had an average shooting night. Had he been hitting on all cylinders he'd have had at least 35 with the same amount of shots.

17. vmac

vmac Member

Oh yeah? Isn't this thread about T-Mac's triple double? The team won while he's at it right? You didn't even give him credit. Instead you go on saying "he prefers shooting.. blah blah.. look who's ignorant.. blah blah..". So you call it love for the team? Last time I checked, T-Mac is a part of this Rockets team. He got a triple double & the Rockets won. Be happy about it! You're the one who's ignorant. You don't even know what this thread is about.