1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tribute to the quad core of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Unstable, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Unstable

Unstable Member

YES!!! We made the playoffs! I think we should give credit where credit's due.

I think our core of 4 - Asik, CP, Harden and JLin should be applauded. They have gone beyond the expectations of many. To be honest, I would have been perfectly content for a 0.5 season this year, to hit the playoffs on their first try together is impressive.

We are just missing one more piece to really put the Rockets up to the level of contenders - that's IMHO of course but heck I'm quite high on what's been achieved thus far. I just hope the PFs would be fighting to join us and trust our GM to be able to bring one in.

Our bench has played their parts as well, but being a young team our inconsistency showed up periodically, the positive way to look at it is Time is on our side, and there is always hope that our youths will grow and mature into good or even greatness.

For all the complaints we have had against the coaches, I think they deserve some slack. Not everything usually comes out as plan, I think they are also trying to figure things out with our young ones. But the future's looking very bright!

So a very big thank you to the whole Houston Rockets team - it was a real roller coaster ride with many ups and downs but it was indeed enjoyable. From here on I'm just enjoying the scenery and whatever is going to turn up. Go Rockets!:grin:

3 people like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden and the expendables.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

The expendables would be the Knicks.

4. ahhh

ahhh Member

We are far from contenders. We need Dwight Howard.

If not Morey will probably get Gasol's expiring and try again next year. Or if Josh Smith is okay with 10 mil.

5. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

QUAD CORE!!!!!! The words i've been looking for! Our big 4 will be unstoppable in the playoffs, i know it.

6. akxninja

akxninja Member

Seriously, anyone who thinks putting a bunch of unknown entities into their first starting roles and making the playoffs in a very competitive Western Conference isn't short of unbelievable it out of their minds. I was ready to give these guys 2-3 years to develop into a playoff team and here we are fighting for 6th seed instead.

Even if we don't make a splash in the off season with all that capspace (which I'm sure Morey would just pick up more assets ala picks in this case) barring injury this same team with 1 full year under their belt will easily be a 50+ win team next year especially now that they'll have the experience of a playoff series under their belt.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Prepare to be disappointed. Our big 4 can be stopped.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Just pack the paint, and we done unless they are on fire from 3s

9. alethios

alethios Member

Maybe if we overclocked our quad core, the performance would improve.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

All hail THE CORE 4 with a special thank you to
    - Carlos Delthrino
    - Greg (85% of the time I'm gonna get you every time!) Smith,
    - DMo (I don't think D12 can catch him with all of his scorpian moves!)
    - TJones
    - Francisco Garcia
    and
    - Patrick Beverly who can block a 7 footer on one end of the court and talk to another 7 footer in Russian on the other end of the court!

1 person likes this.
  11. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

Quad Core is awesome. Rep for that alone

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Note to Morey, resist the off season "shuffle," KEEP THESE GUYS TOGETHER!!!! You are free to search for a PF. Thank you. (or develop one out of our young pool of players)

13. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

The only guys who may end up going anywhere are Parsons or one of our numerous PF projects. If Parsons leaves, that means we're getting a near-elite level 4 in return (I hope).

14. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Because D12 was so good at making the Lakers contenders all season? :rolleyes:

15. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I'm sure Jeremy made this this nerdy comment to Coach and he didn't get it, but he was dying of laughter inside regardless. :cool:

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

QUAD DAMAGE!!!

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

haha. Rep

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

quads are awesome, can do so much more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, people need to see this! (unless they already have, then nevermind!)