1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trey Mancini to Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Marteen, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Landry's Tooth

I've not heard that either...

I think there's a reputation out there because he's Christian and played in san francisco at the end of his career...

He's a Trump supporter, but that was after he retired and half the country is so it doesn't seem like that would be it either...

I think sometimes people just want a villain to point to...

Zen Tabak and No Worries like this.
  2. conquistador#11

Before Trumpism was a thing, Huff suffered from mental illness/Depression/ suicidal and anxiety attacks . He was open about it. Now people just attach his personality to Trumpism but the cry for help is still there. You just can't turn that off.
    On the other hand, You can have mental illness and not be 100% of an a-hole. maybe tone it down by 30%, Audrey.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

When has Mancini not been faster than Brantley.

4. Major

Major Member

After years of inepititude, they are finally over 0.500, so it may have worked out well. It might hurt opposing teams more than them since they can design a team around it.

marks0223, Tomstro and Joe Joe like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

We are bringing pasta to a gun fight. But the Padres are still going down.

6. Landry's Tooth

So people with mental health issues are a-holes?

I'm not seeing the connection... he was a drug addict at the end of his career.

Not really sure what Trumpism is. Was there Clintonism? Romneyism?

How about you drop the political angle? Doesn't seem relevant...

I only brought it up because people assume things like "bad clubhouse guy" when you invoke anything remotely conservative. It's just an attack and its an easy crutch...

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Half the country aren't "Trump supporters." You don't lose a general election by 8M votes if you have half the country's support. His supporters are a very loud and incredibly obnoxious minority. That's it.

Aubrey is hated bc he's a ******* ******* w outrageous and often offensive opinions so stop w the phony victimization. He isn't "attacked" bc he was a "Christian in san fran" he's criticized for being an unrepentant *******.

Please take your MAGA stanning to another ******* forum ffs.

8. conquistador#11

So triggered but read it again. I was actually showing empathy towards him
    He admitted to being an a-hole IN HIS BOOK (and still is) . I was saying that now people don't take his mental health into account because of his leanings towards Trumpism but they should take it into account. They're cries for help. I said you can have mental illness and NOT BE a 100% a-hole.

9. Landry's Tooth

Im just going to go ahead and block you. You seem very disturbed.

BlindHog likes this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

I
    I guess i misunderstood. I thought you were blaming his attitude on mental illness.

I keep seeing people allude to him doing or saying things but no specifics. What did he do or say?

Wiki says he was reprimanded for wearing a thong in the clubhouse when female reporters were present... seems like a non issue to me...

Adderall addiction doesn't necessarily make you a jerk. There was a time most of the league was using...

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

12. raining threes

Half the country is mentally ill but I think you and I would disagree over which half is mentally ill. I mean heck, a SC Justice can't tell a woman from a man. LMAO

13. Landry's Tooth

I'm still not following your trump angle. That doesn't seem like it has to do with anything other than half the country hates him so they hate anyone who supports him.

It's irrational to hate people for their voting. Sometimes people support the lesser of two evils... sometimes people vote pocketbook over feelings...

Can we just cut the whole thing out now?

I'm sorry i mentioned it from his wiki page. I just couldn't find anything offensive about the guy so i was making the point it may be all political.

He can call himself a jerk all he wants in his book. That isn't an example of him being one. People are usually not very good judges of their own behavior.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

Doesn't say why he was suspended... did he post a fact?

Twitter suspends people for very little so it doesn't say much.

Again, tell me something he did or said, not what others describe him as...

What makes Huff an unpleasant person?

15. Landry's Tooth

Lol... that's so twitter... huff got banned for claiming the vaccines can make you sicker.

Then we find out from a european study that too many boosts can weaken your immune system from fighting covid and make you more likely to get sick...

Source so you know I'm not spreading misinformation:

Marco Cavaleri, head of vaccine strategy for European Medicines Agency....

Israel Sheba Medical studdy regarding a 4th shot providing little benefit.

Sorry on the politics... just find it ironic to get banned for something that appears later to be true..

16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

The only “Orange Man Bad!” I should be hearing is from Yankee fans after Mancini hits a walkoff bomb to end the ALCS in game 5.

STR8Thugg and Landry's Tooth like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Agreed, not sure how this turned into a referendum on Aubrey Huff. All I did was say it reminds me of when they picked up Huff for a similar role.

All of a sudden people start attacking Huff... weird...

Agreed, hoping Mancini sticks it in the eye of the stankees....

everyday eddie and Zen Tabak like this.
  18. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

*injects politics into the discussion*
    *says “let’s stop talking about politics”*
    *keeps talking about politics*

By the way, the “study” you referenced in no way shape or form indicated that the vaccine was harmful. It was simply guidance that additional boosters beyond 4 are unlikely to provide material benefit, and HYPOTHETICALLY could overload the immune system. And the intention of the release was to encourage development of an updated annual vaccine (similar to flu) NOT to discourage vaccination in any way.

19. Landry's Tooth

Agreed, you're blocked... moving on...

20. Buck Turgidson

He's one of the biggest jackasses in MLB history.

He was, however, totally snakebit once he got to Houston. I've never seen someone hit more at'em linedrives, warning track flyballs, and smoked grounders than he did. It was ridiculous.

lnchan likes this.