1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza SUCKS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Nov 12, 2016.

1. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

this guy refuses to accept his limitations as a player, he is a poor mans 3 and d guy. Dekker has way more upside than him. MDA needs to get it together

Everytime Harden passes this fool the ball, he pumpfakes and put the ball on the floor like he is tmac, shoot the ball

petition to start Dekker

#1 HardenTime, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. amaru

amaru Member

He's having flashbacks to his 1st stint lol

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just stop.

roslolian, DonKnock, jbasket and 2 others like this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One of the most under-rated players here

People focus on offense too much but he is the glue guy of this team. He does all the little things, always guards the opposition's best wing, great veteran and locker room presence. All at a bargain contract.

jevjnd, Batman Jones, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

uhh he's a decent starter in the NBA and our best wing defender. He's a critical cog of the team.

jevjnd, roslolian, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

If you ever see Ariza play court side, it might change your mind

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well even if he does (which he doesn't), he's still infinitely better than Corey Brewer, so..........

SF3isBack!! and True Rocket like this.
  10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

What if im 2 rows back of courtside? I wonder if it will still change my mind...

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

What if I'm in the upper bowls.. I can see it from there

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ariza played fantastic D tonight.

13. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

streaky shooter, above avg defender. I would trade him for rudy gay, take brewer too plz

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree that he pumpfakes too much, and i hate when he tries to handle the ball too much since he just suck in that, but he played a very solid game, i think he was our best defender tonight so no, he doesn't suck at all.
    And since you're a Harden fanboy you should be happy we can play Trevor next to James :p

16. CertifiedTroll

Percentage wise, he is one of our better 3 point shooters. He is also our best defender. I am not sure of many 3 and D guys better than him.

The only ones that come to mind are not really "3 and D" guys: Klay, Kawhi...

Who would you have @HardenTime in his place (that is actually a role player)? Batum, Korver, Redick, Carroll, Sefolosha, someone else??

The only player I could think of that could fill compete for his role would be Courtney Lee. We could have pursued him in free agency (and may have). But he chose to go to the Knicks for a bag of peanuts.

SF3isBack!! and Mr. Clutch like this.
  17. MistaK

MistaK Member

Ariza is very underrated at this point. Yeah it can get frustrating when he gets into his ''pump fake and dribble into nowhere land mode'', but he is still a very important player on this team. He is tasked to guard the opposing team's best player and he isn't afraid to take shots late in the game. Just an all around great vet to have on the team.

Ideally you have him coming off the bench, but we aren't that deep. This team has way bigger problems than Ariza - like starting Brewer or the inconsistent play of our bigs and lack of rebounding

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the only overrated part of ariza's game is that he plays superstar minutes. he's not a superstar, stop playing him 35+mpg. you see the other 3d guy in detroit, caldwell doing the same thing. their shot will suffer as they chase players around most of the game w/o enough rest.

we got dekker, kj, and harrel to give him rest at the 3/4 yet all 3 of his coaches here insist on playing him like he's a star player. mda should be on tpo of this soon. he was the first few games, i dunno what happened

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He been playing so well
    This maybe just an off game

Rocket River

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Are you being sarcastic? Honestly? He got his lunch money taken from him consistently.

Cashmoney likes this.