1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza signing autographs at Boost Mobile 12/7/2009 and radio interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a heads up -- Trevor Ariza is going to be at Boost Mobile on 290 (and I believe 34th) at 3:00pm tomorrow, signing autographs for fans and also taking donations for the Trevor Ariza Foundation (<a href="http://trevorarizafoundation.com/site/">website</a>). The address to the Boost Mobile is:

10977 Northwest Freeway
    Houston, TX 77092
    phone: 713-956-4000

So I wanted to let you, first, that if you would like to meet Trevor and get his autograph, this is a good low-profile opportunity to do that.

Secondly, <a href="http://www.1560thegame.com">1560 the Game</a> is going to interview Trevor from there. David Nuño asked me to join him in that interview (expected to be around 3:15pm). I'm no journalist (I just play one on the web), so I could certainly use your assistance -- If you have any questions you'd like us to ask him, please feel free to post them here.

I should be there around 2pm as I think we're going to talk Rockets some earlier, so feel free to stop by to say hello.

Thanks!

2. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Awesome. I can't go though, school. But I just made an Ariza bashing thread anyway :eek:

3. FFz

FFz Member

hope someoen asks him why he doesn't bend his knees and get lower on his defensive stance. That would improve his man on man defense drastically.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up Clutch.

Question - Is he feeling any more pressure then he expected with a new role on a new team?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A lot has been written on Battier's reliance on statistical reports from the Rockets basketball operations staff for defensive preparation. Does Ariza make use of such reports before games? Is there anything defensively he's picked up from Battier since he's been here?

How would he compare Rick Adelman and Phil Jackson, as coaches?

6. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

I would like to know the answer to this question as well, especially during close games and in the fourth quarter.

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Thanks for the heads up bro.

And my question is how is he gonna adjust his role on this team when McGrady returns to action and cuts into the lineup?

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Woo hoo! If i was playing Hooky, i'd show up.

Google maps said it's by 34th street. It might be in the shopping center with Academy.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

OK -- that's what Nuño said too, but when I put it in it seemed to be northwest of that. I'll change to say 34th ... thanks.

10. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Who would want a Ariza autograph?

I like his charity though

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Someone please tell him PASS

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

"Who do you think will benefit your game more, Tracy or Yao?" If he cops out and says both, then ask "Who are you more excited to play with, Tracy or Yao?"

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What will his role be once T-Mac comes back?

14. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

Clutch, Here are my questions:

1) Can you please ask him How T-Mac is looking in practice?

2) Ask him about Artest throwing his shoes into the sidelines in LA.

3) Do people on the court mistake him for T-Mac since he wears the same # and has the same body build?

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

He is not shooting the ball well. Please ask him, "Is he concerned about it? What has he done to adjust himself to this new role."

I think since the team has put so much confidence into them, please tell him I hope he can practice his shots more, maybe ask T-mac for some advice on how to be the No.1 guy on a team.

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

He will say "It is yet to be determined, I've never played with a dominant center that draws so much attention so I don't know how that will affect me" or something to that effect.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

LOL, but you would probably go if you had the time ;)

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

My questions:

Did the coaches tell him to try for more steals and be aggressive defensively or is that simply his style of play? and does he feel like that puts more pressure on the interior defenders?

What was Morey's pitch like for him to sign with the Rockets?

A quarter way through the season now, is he feeling comfortable with his role on the team, or does he feel like he's still growing into it?

What aspect of his game did he work on most over the summer? Does he feel like it's paid off during game situations so far this season? (Is he working on his off the dribble shooting? Cause he should be... :) )

Okay.. that's all I got for ya! ;)

19. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like to know how he feels at the moment when he sees the Lakers on roll at the moment. Does he have any regrets and does he think this was still the best decision for him?

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Drove past by it. It's not exactly in the same center as Academy is. It's further down by the Black Eyed Pea, Wing Stop, next to the Souper Salad, and JoAnns, or some old lady craft store.