1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevor Ariza and Gerald Green Suspended for 2 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 17, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm not that mad at this. I expected worse honestly.

But Blake gets nothing? He deliberately is pointing at our coach and yelling, then knocks him? This deserves at the very least a large fine, let alone a suspension.

Clippers 2 Rockets 0

Season series and in absolutely illegal basketball being held against them.

SIL

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's open season on Mike D'Antoni now. Other teams' players are going to be physically assaulting him up and down the sidelines with impunity. **** Adam Silver.

#82 dc rock, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    I am a Donut and DonKnock like this.
  3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I vote Pj do this accidental elbowing. Although, if Green is being suspended I'm curious as to what he did. I think anybody who actually entered the locker room got suspended.

SIL

4. Rockets4Life13

NO CP3 -> less people watch the game -> less $$$ -> NBA ain’t doing that.

The NBA would’ve suspended ANY player that’s not a superstar for throwing a mouthpiece at a Ref (stephen curry did this a month or so ago). He was not suspended either. „He wasn’t trying to hit the ref“ is what they said although he turned, looked at the ref and threw it.

If not for throwing punches and if you can excuse it somehow, stars will never get suspended.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The funny part about all is that I've seen Doc Rivers step onto the court during play more so than any other coach in the league. Tucker should give him an elbow next time we play.

Mazulis, snowconeman22 and DonKnock like this.
  6. CallMeTheDream

We’ll finally get to see THE Troy Williams in action

s3ts and Sidarma like this.
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Enough of CP3 leading them to a secret tunnel, FFS. Ariza knows Staples Center, too. He knows how to get there, Paul just knew where he be at and tried to diffuse it.

Paul can get chippy, but he's not classless like Griffin. And he's not smug, like Rivers. He's annoying though, don't get me wrong.

I'm with that poster, sit him the next two games. **** the NBA. Tealman Fartita needs to step up here, as an owner. He really does.

SIL

skroodup25, adw and htownrox1 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

exactly what i was thinking. sit harden/cp3/capela for both games. let the media talk about it all weekend. *** silver

s3ts, snowconeman22 and DonKnock like this.
  9. macan

macan Member

well on a brighter note, other teams wouldn't be able to scout our full roster potential till playoff:) anyway, **** the league office and clippers!

10. SORF

SORF Member

Okay NBA ...you want to play it that way. Tilman needs to hire a policeman to be D'Antoni's bodyguard and stays to his side at all times during the game until the NBA handles the Blake attack with the proper action...2 game suspension. Tell the NBA and others that cheap shots at our coach will not happen unless you are willing to be taken down.

hakeem94, adw and DonKnock like this.
  11. MD_in_Training

Hell if the locker room doesn't have a "go fund me" for Green, I'll do it myself. Who's with me??

Green is getting paid pennies and is rolling with our squad like he is a lifelong Rocket. I'd be shocked if Ryan Anderson would lift a finger to get any of our guys' backs.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This paid pennies is still likely 50x the amount you are.

SIL

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

2 games? Ariza and Green get 2 games for entering a locker room. He singled out our coach and hit him. Try 5 games.

SIL

hakeem94 and adw like this.
  14. MD_in_Training

Lol, not 50x. Not even close.

But do you get the point of a "Go Fund Me?" Please go aware yourself.

15. SORF

SORF Member

I could go for that...I was trying to at least equal what was assessed to our players. I believe the fine should be more...but I doubt the NBA would.

16. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

You think o_O;)

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm afraid as much as we want to retaliate ... The NBA isn't fair and they have all the power to fu just even more if we do anything other than take it lying down .

I don't wanna be a dirty team , but if the NBA is gonna let other teams try to punk us with no reprocussions then we have to stand up .

The city of Houston is not to be ****ed with .

I wanna see black or nanu or PJ **** somebody up . I wanna see a clippers player bloody the next time we play them .

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

What about Austin Rivers Kiki/Silver?

SOMEONE SHOW THEM THE ****ING TAPE. MINIMAL CONTACT OR NOT..

HE WENT OUT OF HIS ****ING WAY TO DO IT.

If a player makes "accidental, minimal" contact with one of these b**** ass refs because he doesn't like a call, his ass is getting ejected.

(Via Jonathan Feigen)

NBA rules that Ariza, Green involved in a "hostile, verbal altercation" in the Clippers locker room. Paul, Harden acted "in an effort to defuse the situation."

Key factor was that going in locker room "could provoke something" more than occurred. VanDeWeghe said Clippers agreed that Paul, Harden were peacemakers.

VanDeWeghe said witnesses corroborated what Paul, Harden said. He said security cameras showed Capela did not approach the front door of the Clippers locker room.

(What about Blake Griffin? How would they classify -his- actions?) Distinction, he said, was that one action during the game, the other is not.

VanDeWeghe said unlike the main hallway, there is no security camera in the back corridor between the locker rooms. But said it was crowded with players, equipment staff, medical staff and others who were among the 20 witnesses interviewed.

VanDeWeghe on Ariza, Green: "Completely inappropriate. You can provoke something that could be a very bad situation for everybody."

On Harden, Paul: "Chris Paul tried to get his players out of the lockerroom, as did Harden. Again, confirmed by Clippers, arena and Rockets staff."

VanDeWeghe on Griffin brushing D'Antoni: "The contact was very minimal. Griffin was inbounds. D'Antoni was right next to the line."

I asked VanDeWeghe if the penalty for Green, Ariza determined in part because of what could have happened could that apply to Griffin. He said difference was Griffin's was during the game. Said "invading somebody's space is a really dangerous situation."

VanDeWeghe also said Harden, Paul were in back hallway (secret passage) when Green, Ariza went to locker room. "It’s pretty common. Everybody knows about it. Players come in and out. Teams have food there, equipment, x-rays and MRI machines are back there."

One more thing from the LA kerfuffle from VanDeWeghe: Tarik Black was on his way to lift weights, heard the loud noises and checked to see what was happening, "but he went no further. We'd all do the same thing."​

adw and DonKnock like this.
  19. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has your account been hacked J.R.? I’ve never seen you this mad ever

20. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daddy’s boy