1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Treating our guys like misfits. Not cool.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Another Brother, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Whether we have a championship squad or not, let me be the first to say I support this team no matter who has on that uniform. I understand that they are millionaires who are paid to play a game but the "trade our guys for someone...anyone" thing is kinda disrespectful.

What is the best we can expect anyway?

We have been trying to position ourselves for a *splash* acquisition for years but remain virtually invisible to upper echelon free agents. Why would that trend change all of a sudden?

Blow it up and build through the lottery? Remember how we thought Bismack Biyombo was going to be a franchise player? Who knew that Kawhi Leonard and Nikola Vucevic would make Marcus Morris look like Maarty Leunen? In a perfect world its still a crap shoot, and who wants to watch their team tank in hopes of drafting a kid who we watch to develop into the star that might demand a trade when he realizes that he doesn't have enough talent around him to compete for a championship.

Right now we are the 7 seed in the West, not bad for a franchise who is still suffering from the premature loss of one of the best centers in the league. Most of these guys play really hard and a few show flashes of star potential. Give them some credit?

In terms of talent I don't think there is a reasonable move out there that makes us an instant contender. We don't have enough assets to reasonably negotiate for a superstar, and even if we get one who would be left on the roster to play with him? We need practical solutions not Pyrrhic victories.
    Finally, If we make a move that makes our team considerably better then I welcome it, but if we stand pat, I'm along for the ride.

1 person likes this.
  2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

That is why you are not a GM........

3. Garner

Garner Member

Whatever you say, Funny Man

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There you are again, brother

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Can we at least say trade Flynn, TWill and Thabeet for anything or anyone

I don't think it's that disrespectful because they really don't do much

6. YaosDirtyStache

Sometimes a laugh track is necessary

7. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Morey is misfit. I will never back him again if he wont make some nice upgrades tonight. We never had so much flexibility and assets, he has to do something. And I know someone will come on say that this is a ''knee-jerk reaction''. Yea every year same ***** and it's still called as knee-jerk f you

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This is actually the best season we have had since Yao and Tracy and we are (comically) 1.5 games behind the star-powered Clippers for home-court advantage.

With Rubio injured, let's face it: we are making the playoffs. I know, heartbreaking. Making the playoffs while getting a lotto pick from NY and a player that has lotto potential (yikes, that word potential again) in Donuts.

I do understand that the argument is to attain a star though.

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I agree. We have way to much flexibility and expirings to not trade. I think martin is as good as gone, but since there is no news its begining to worry some, including myself

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

When talking about guys like TWill, Thabeet, and Flynn, like most are, these two statements mean exactly the same thing.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I love my Rockets, minus Jordan Hill, Hasheem and Jonny.

I even liked Rafer, but there are a few guys on the squad that need to go.

12. conquistador#11

I want to go the Bobcats way of building a contender. Tank every year and never end up with the top pick for six years! Getting a hall of player is easy, they come around the time, like hasheem! he is going to be glorious one day.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If only clutchfans had a sound effects button

14. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I don't mind guys being in trade talks, but I do agree that our longest tenured players do deserve more respect.

I'm talking about Scola & Lowry in particular, they are the last of that Semifinal playoff run and I'd like to see them stick with the team.

15. Another Brother

I don't mind it either, but to read some of these posts you'd think that we were running the Washington Generals out there.

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Yeah! I'd rather float around 500 every year! :rolleyes:
    Forget that almost every championship team in NBA history started by drafting a star player! :rolleyes:
    Tell Tim Duncan to get out of here! Tanking no good ;)

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

While I agree with most of your post, I think the majority of this board preferred Leonard over Morris. Although I think it worked out for the best since Parsons has revealed himself to be the steal of the draft.

18. Another Brother

My point was directed toward people who think tanking to get into the lottery is a good idea. Parsons proved that you don't have to tank to do well in the draft.

19. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I'd rather float around 500 than watch a team win 10-20 games. How anyone could even be a fan knowing your team wants to lose every game is insane.

And franchise players are rare, it's not like you're getting one in every draft.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Winning 10-20 game is how we drafted Olajuwon my friend. It's how every team starts a dynasty. It sucks but it's better in the long run.