1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travis Scott Astroworld festival disaster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Nov 6, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's already being sued as well as Drake and LiveNation and this isn't the first time he's done this as well. He's screwed; he might lose all his endorsements as well.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thank you, appreciate it

King1 likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I saw he is being sued just curious if it will ultimately fly in court. Lawyers are always going to name all those that have deep pockets. Nothing new there.

He deserves to lose his endorsements for having shitty judgement.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Has anyone seen the Netflix documentary on him? How scary do his crowds get? Are his performances a mass casualty event waiting to happen?

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm sure they are fake

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

pretty fitting a piece of trash from sw houston to be the one to finally finally ruin astroworld

Sajan, B-Bob and Bandwagoner like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sky screamer and XLR 8 will live forever

Blake, Hippieloser and IBTL like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

i was there for that show. Trivium opened and they totally stopped to help the person that was unconscious.

Metallica was phenomenal.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Prayers to the families can’t imagine what they’re going through right now, which is why this may sound insensitive.

There is no reason to take an 8 year old to one of these, none whatsoever.

These things also attract a certain kind of vermin (the folks that never stopped to help someone else).

Metallica played to 500000 people once in the 90s in Russia with mosh etc and **** doesn’t happen. It’s a problem not just with rap culture but modern day rap where it’s more about these shows and auto tune than the music itself.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t wanna hear the size of the venue vullshit

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Not to be morbid but it sounds like the death count is going to rise. How many people are on life support systems?

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Not putting all the blame on Travis, mostly this younger culture of face tats dressing like literal clowns, but this is just the consequences of the influence he puts on these kids

He’s been on that rowdy **** since day 1 and is the like ****ing icon of fortnight. Bro that’s not a good mix. This is what happens when you build your brand on telling fans to jump barricades, jump off balconies, and sneak into his shows. Celebrities need a reality check of how much influence they have on making these kids act like r****ds

Travis should have had better crowd control. I’ve seen slipknot, ****ing slipknot, stop an entire show demanding people back the **** up because they were crushing the front. Instead he stopped to point out a ambulance to immediately tell them to make the ****ing ground shake

Sucks for those kids man. My brother was there but said he stayed towards the back cause of the same **** happening to him at the 2019 Astroworld

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im sorry for your loss. its horrible. the fact that he died saving the life of someone else speaks volumes to his character and what kind of man he was.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don’t know if crowd surges can ever be prevented if people don’t respect one another. How do people not understand there’s limited space and pushing yourself towards the stage means someone is going to get crushed or taken down? Is this the end of pits? The liability on the artist is huge.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pits are the opposite of a crowd surge, obviously. You can’t blame the artist for a bunch of knuckleheads running and slamming into each other. It’s the ‘Murican way.

Rodman23 and BossHogg713 like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

People don’t go crazy at Slipknot concerts because they’re all depressed they’re at a Slipknot concert.

That sounds awful.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's what I'm trying to wrap my head around. Why were these parents bringing their children to a music festival? That's beyond negligent to the point that I wouldn't have a problem with charges being filed against them. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to bring either of mine to a Travis Scott show

ElPigto likes this.