1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Travel] Cabo San Lucas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 13, 2015.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member
    Supporting Member

Never been, but you have inspired me to start looking into a trip for my 25th wedding anniversary in December.
    I hope you and your wife have a great time.

2. Two Sandwiches

Thank you!

I'll give a report when we get back, with pictures if possible.

3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Dude, have a blast. The last time I was there I rented a jeep and went to the other side of the island, half of the island is just beach for miles and you can get some quiet time with great ocean views. You will see a bar every few miles that is basically a hut with beer on ice but its very cool. Just take the main street past the cruise ships and just keep going, it basically winds around the entire island

4. Two Sandwiches

We were thinking about renting bikes and taking a full day to ride the road. We bike about fifteen miles three to four times a week during the summer, so I think we could do it. I really want to see the other side, though.

5. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

As I said earlier in the thread, reserve a day for Playa del Carmen. Only a short ferry ride, and absolutely worth it. Beach life or Eating/Shopping. Plus, you can hold a baby lion, tiger, or jaguar if you can get the nerve.

You really can't do wrong, you guys made a great choice in vacation destination. So much to do. May I also recommend one of the glass bottom boat snorkling trips in Cozumel.....there are some awesome looking fish in that water. Carlos n Charlie's beach club is also worth a look if you guys just want a beach lounging session.

6. Two Sandwiches

Bump.

So, we absolutely loved Cozumel and the Fiesta Americana when we did that. It was our second all inclusive after Punta Cana. I will probably go back to Fiesta Americana again in the future. Extremely great.

This week, we are in Playa Del Carmen at the Yucatan Platinum Princess. We're having a good time. We leave on Saturday.

We have gone into town twice now, and had a good time. We found a great place called Taquiera el Fogon Fiesta Jarocha. There's three in Playa and one in Cancun, but the one we ate at is at 30th Ave and Calle 6 Norte. If you go, they specialize in Tacos Al Carbon, which are the best I've ever had. Another must is the Queso Fundido con Chorizo. So good. My wife and I shared a plate of Guac and chips, each had a Taco Al Carbon and shared Queso Fundido with Chorizo, and had three sodas - for under $14.

We did a dolphin swim, and swam with sea lions and manatees (something on my wife's bucket list), and tomorrow we will do a sea turtle swim at Akumal and do three Cenote swims. Excited for that, too.

Overall, I like Cozumel the most, but for me, Playa is close behind.