1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Travel advice] Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AB423, Jun 8, 2015.

1. AB423

AB423 Member

Me and a group of buddies are going in October for a bachelor party and wanted some good advice. Does anyone know where we could rent like a nice mansion for a good price for like 12 people near the beach? What clubs/bars should we hit up?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Never been, can't help you. But take pics of teh girls and teh secks.

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Make sure to take extra small condoms for you and your buddies.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Are you BYO helicopter or renting?

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

Ipanema has the best beaches and they are numbered based on the type of crowds that go there.....Also a lot of little food places that are all really good

Bars/Clubs:
    - Place called Lappa, similar to 6th street with a bunch of bars/clubs
    - The Jockey Club hosted a huge "#" party when we were there so you can ask around about that, one of the most "scenic" parties I have ever been to

Food:
    - Got to check out TT Burger, one of the best burgers I have ever tasted

....All I can remember for now post more as it comes to me

6. AB423

AB423 Member

Thanks man, really helpful.

Looking forward to these places.. was it hard to communicate over there? Or do I need to learn some Portuguese to get by?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You won't need to learn any Portuguese, considering the reason you're going, but as someone who's nearly fluent, I can tell you, a little bit will go a long way. But be realistic about it; you only have a few months left. If you already speak any Romance language it'll help, but Portuguese is definitely its own flavor.

Wish I could help you on the beachfront information, but good luck on finding something. It's all gonna be pretty $$$, especially given the proximity to next year's Olympics.

The other poster is right. Stay near Ipanema or Leblon.

And always, always take a taxi after dark. As tourists you're automatic targets.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Highly recommend AirBnb. Just be sure to select "entire place" so you're not sharing a place with anyone and it's actually yours

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It wasn't too hard to communicate. We stayed at the Hotel Marina Palace across from Leblon beach and Ipanema was a relatively short walk away. Contact this guy to see if he can drive you around:

Robson Pinto - robson-pinto2005@ig.com.br

It's been a couple of years since we were there, so I do not know if the email is still good, but he drove us around one day to all the sites. He also offered to drive us around at night to clubs. I am pretty sure we only paid him a couple of hundred USD for 8-10 hours of drive time.