1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

transgendering the kids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 21, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

99% of sexual abuse perpetrators have male genitalia. It's absolutely a relevant piece of information for the crime committed in this case. To suggest otherwise is completely laughable. Whatever the person later wants to identify as, on the other hand, doesn't change the fact that the person used said male genitalia to commit the crime.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay and I still don't get your point. What is the issue here? Is the person not getting prosecuted?

Also source for that statistic?

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We are all used to it, from you.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The dude, if convicted, don't know the details, needs to go to prison with other men, not with other potential victims.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. RocketsDraftTV

democrats are disgusting

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

*Demoncrats

jiggyfly and Amiga like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

strawman

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You’re skirting the question. Let me rephrase are people that identify as female even though they have male genitalia anymore prone to crime than people identifying as male who also have male genitalia?

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

For me, a dude identifying as a woman would be more prone to crime because they already have major issues, but who knows for sure? More importantly, who cares? The reason why it's important that the law doesn't recognize this dude as a woman is that you don't want him to serve his time in a women's prison.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I doubt we have that that information but my strong suspicion is no.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Deckard

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know, but the question is entirely irrelevant to the case being discussed here.

The issue here is that someone raped and sexually abused children, and the police acts like pointing out that he was a man when he did that is a "hate crime", when it's just pointing out an actual fact that is, by its nature, relevant to the crime committed.

Whether a man who later decides to identify as a female is more or less likely to commit such crimes is entirely irrelevant, and not the point of the discussion.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The point of the thread is Transgendering so yes that is the discussion.

Whether the person commited the crime as a man or a woman yes they should be prosecuted and in this incident I would agree with holding them in a male prison. What it sounds like you're saying is that the gender identification is irrelevant to the crime so the Sussex PD are correct in saying gender has nothign to do with with it.

Nook likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

So you believe that "major issues" would lead to more criminality? What sort of issues specifically would a transgender have that would make them more crime prone?

17. Nook

Nook Member

I have tried to wrap my head around the relevance of this.

I think it is interesting seeing women not want the negative acts of a transgender woman attributed to crime by women. It does bring up a sociological question of whether transgender women born males commit crime at the same level as men or not. However from a larger perspective I don't really see the relevance of the Sussex post. Is it to show that there is disagreement in the community as to what defines being a man or woman? I think we already know that.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Interestingly enough there are some studies that show that transgender women commit crime at a similar rate to men.

So does that make transgendered people MORE crime prone? The simple answer is "no"..... however, someone born with the biological sex of a male, that then transitions to a woman appears to have a crime rate more consistent with biological males than biological females.

Is that because of biology or socialization? I don't really know.

However it CAN be relevant from the perspective of biological women. Women often feel physically safer when surrounded by other women and not as safe when there are men around. This is rational and it is borne out in the statistics that show that men are FAR more violent and criminal than women. So, if there are transwomen present, and they indeed do have criminality patterns more in line with men, then I can understand there being some reservations.

Having said that, a lot of these studies are in their infancy and it isn't always clear how much is based on societal norms and how much is based on biology. Also, because this topic is so complicated I fear that those that just hate transgendered people will cherry pick them to fit their agenda.

If anything, looking at the statistics, the real discussion should be why we do not hold males more accountable in our society. The performance by males by many measures is horrendously bad and as a species and as a biological sex we should be really ashamed. Any discussion of transgender criminality is tiny in contrast to men. The levels of violence by men is devastating.

Here are a few of the studies that have been done.

https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/18973/pdf/

https://fairplayforwomen.com/transgender-male-criminality-sex-offences/

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes males do commit more crimes but as you note a trans women doesn't necessarily commit more crime than a biological male so singling out trans people in that regard doesn't apply. Also do those studies factor in pre-op or and post op trans women. To the point that other posters have brought up regarding that the criminal in question still had male genitalia. If a trans women no longer had male genitalia then would that make a difference?

20. Nook

Nook Member

Those are good questions and the short answer is we do not know.

No, if we are going to single out trans women as being more criminally violent, then we need to single out men as well.

I can understand biological women in certain situations having some degree of concern based on these studies..... however a lot of people that seem to have an issue with this are biologically male and it seems to be quite hypocritical.

I don't know if this is pre or post operation. However that opens up more questions. Do we treat or differentiate transgender women into those that have and have not had surgery? Who makes that decision.

One issue I can see possibly becoming a problem is that it is likely that there will be men that will claim that they are transgender to avoid prison with other biological males. I suppose they can put them in protective custody like they have in the past.

A lot of the concerns are hypothetical such as elite transgender athletes, potential crimes by transgender women..... segregation is prison, etc..... and I suspect that a lot of these issues will be worked out. For example I have not really heard or any issues in the the restroom at this point.

Even when I see those fiercely against it, and point out genuine concerns - it is hard for me to take them as serious concerns when we have so many issues with the male gender as it is. I am not going to lose it over transwomen potentially being more crime orientated than biological women when we have 50% of the population and one gender committing 90% of the violent crime. That is where the concern should be if we are going to have a genuine and above board discussion. I get upset when I hear some transgender and LGBTQ+ advocates attempt to discount science and biology, but I also am upset with a group of people that just hate transgender people and find any cherry picked basis to support their hatred and to claim it is not really hatred.

We as a society need to be a lot more honest with ourselves and each other.

Invisible Fan and rocketsjudoka like this.