1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

transgendering the kids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 21, 2022.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the social contagion hypothesis is true and more kids are starting to see themselves as trans due to social pressure rather than due to some biological feature of their brain, can that actually make those kids more depressed? I know many people dispute that hypothesis, and there are studies that claim it is wrong. Given how impressionable kids can be, it doesn't seem that out of the question though. But to be clear, I'm not denying the existence of "natural" trans people here. I'm just not so sure that all the trans kids we're hearing about now fall under that category.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I fully agree with this post.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You have posted rhetoric that make matter of fact claims about this matter that go far beyond any thing in that post you replied to

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fun Twitter Thread

JeeberD and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its child abuse, apparently you can't consent to most things as a minor, but you can to having your dick cut off?

I will say, ALL surgeries make money, tucker's point is a little moot on that aspect

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lived in nashville, that's great news...

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Jesus, nobody is getting peer-pressured into changing sexes. The only social phenomenon in play is that being a trans is much, much more accepted than it has been in the past which means more people feel comfortable telling others about their struggles. Not all, but more. I don't want to go back to a time when trans folks were afraid to admit to anyone else who they really were.

This is personal for me as I actually know and have worked with a trans woman and consider her a good friend. She told me she knew by age 5 that she was meant to be a female but because she grew up in the 1960/70s, she couldn't tell anyone, including parents and siblings, about what she was going through. She had no role models, no examples except a few articles about Dr. Renee Richards. In second grade she got disciplined by her parents when she painted her nails one day. She would intentionally work herself to exhaustion so she wouldn't have to cry herself to sleep wondering why she wasn't a complete person. As a kid, she imagined she was the product of a cruel science experiment and one day she would get a pill that would make her fully a boy or a girl. At that point, she didn't care which--she just wanted the anguish and uncertainty to end. She played high school football and did a bunch of masculine things thinking it would convince others and herself that she was really a guy. It didn't work and the façade broke down in her mid-30s when she finally admitted to herself who she really was. She went through the transition and as a result lost all contact with her parents and family. She was allowed to go to her mother's death bed only if she denied herself and dressed like a man.

She was alone and now Republicans and those who support them with fear and lies want to create a world where people again have to suffer alone and cry themselves to sleep every night. It's disgusting and this kind of thing is not worthy of America.

And let's be real. Tucker Carlson doesn't give a damn about kids and like most of these losers, he's a creep. He once talked about how enjoyable it would be to watch two 14 year-old boarding school girls have sex.

Deckard, Rashmon, Deuce and 8 others like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you think she should have been allowed to take some kind of puberty-blocking chemicals (or have sex change surgery) at age 5...or at what age? Nobody has argued that people should not be able to make that decision once they are of legal age. The discussion is about children and minors.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wait they get their units chopped off before they are legal to drive or drink beer?
    that's cray

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Where did I say that?

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You did not explicitly. But this thread is about "transgendering the kids" and you told the story about your friend who supposedly knew at age 5 she wanted to change her sex.

Nobody in the entire thread has argued that adults should not be allowed to make that decision for themselves. So I am wondering about the relevance of your friend's story to this particular discussion.

The differing opinions are about the use of puberty-blocking chemicals and surgery on minors. Some clinics offer and promote that. The Left seems to advocate this. Conservative posters (including me) seem to be of the opinion that one should be of legal age to make that decision, and that neither parents nor doctors should be allowed to replace that consent with their decision for minors.

My question to you is at what age you think puberty-blocking chemicals and sex-changing surgery should be allowed. Thanks.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If they took their parents guns down to the local mall and did a mass shooting, they would get tried as an adult, so there is that.

The morale of the story is if you want to be treated as an adult you first have to act like one.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lots of ifs, but if you go down that route when you are a kid then later in life regret it, that's not something you can't reverse easily

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This sort of story is exactly why no one should judge what's going on in another person's household.

Imagine having a child who is utterly adamant they are a different sex. It's not a decision, it's just the way it is. It's terrible, horrible and all-consuming for the child. If you're a good, loving parent, you can't help but empathize and be involved.

Still, it's a massive decision to facilitate irreversible gender changes.

I hated my childhood from around 7 to 15. I had terrible migraines 2-3x a month that shut me down completely for at least a day. I remember thinking I would rather lose my right arm than have these migraines anymore. I can empathize with these kid's plight in a way, because they're in a certain sort of hell, without the life experience to help buffer the anguish by the knowledge that they can get out of their situation someday.

Tough situation for everyone involved, and the last thing these people need are jackass GOP simpletons ****ing with their chi.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tell me, what percentage of children in this country have had sex change surgeries before they reach 18?

Now, tell me how many kids who are depressed, confused, and struggling with their gender identity have cried out for help, been ignored, and ended up commiting suicide?

I can guarantee people like you, Margorie Taylor Greene, and the far right conspiracy spreaders who are making a crisis out of something like this do more damage than good to the children you pretend to want to save.

HakeemOnlyFan and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure the % is climbing. What does the % have to get to before you denounce it?

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Show me the difference in the numbers between the surgeries or suicides. You might actually learn the facts with a little research.

#58 deb4rockets, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If you support these surgeries, then nothing I say or reference will change your mind. Lol at Mr Far Right, you got me good with that one.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I respected you as a poster but you seem to also have succumbed to click bait.

Can you tell me how many children have had their dicks cut off for transgender reassignment?