1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

transgendering the kids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Sep 21, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering, what happened to the dajuice/thajuice poster. Hope he is ok.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

bomb threat was fake news

whenever anyone questions these hospitals slicing off girls' breasts and sterilizing children with chemicals, they always cry harassment/bigotry, as if they are the true victims

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you link the evidence that girls at Boston Children's had their breasts sliced off before the age of 18 for gender reassignment?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That made me laugh too hard.

Something is wrong with me.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No they can't. Because they are making sh** up to further whatever stupid a33 cause they're pushing today. They are a moron and just a terrible person for pushing obvious bulls***.

Andre0087, VooDooPope and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

WHAT!!!! There lying.....I am shocked and dismayed at this turn of events :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Calling about half of the population fascists doesn't seem like an inflationary use of the word. At all.

"everyone who disagrees with me is a fascist" - many from the Left

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

it was very real

Woman arrested in Boston Children's bomb threat, FBI says (bostonherald.com)

A Westfield woman is charged with making a bomb threat to Boston Children’s Hospital as the institution was hit with with threats over its transgender healthcare unit last month, the feds say.

Catherine Leavy, 37, was behind bars Thursday pending a detainment hearing Friday on a charge of calling in a false bomb threat on Aug. 30.

The phone exchange, the FBI said in documents, was a quick one: An operator answering the phone with a standard greeting, and then Leavy telling them: “There is a bomb on the way to the hospital, you better evacuate everybody you sickos.”

She used her personal 413-area-code cell phone to make the call, feds say, which made it quick for the FBI to track her down. By Sept. 1, they had a warrant for the phone records, and by Sept. 15, they were interviewing Leavy at her home in Westfield.

The U.S. Attorney’s office said this charge can carry up to 10 years in federal prison.

“This alleged conduct is disturbing to say the least,” U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins said in a press conference announcing the charges. “Bomb hoaxes costs cause fear, panic and a diversion of resources that have real impact on our communities … It seems that this is happening all too often that hoaxes are used to promote personal hateful beliefs and ideologies.”

FBI Boston Special Agent in Charge Joseph Bonavolonta said, “Making threats of violence is not a prank — It’s a federal crime.”

“Law enforcement must work all threats of violence as a top priority, because we never know if the subjects behind them are going to follow through with their actions,” he continued. “These threats with innocent people at risk divert law enforcement from responding to actual emergencies are costly to taxpayers, and cause undue stress to victims and the community.”

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You are talking about Tucker Carlson? I didn't bother to watch it but I read about it. He named and showed pics of executives at the hospital, saying they are criminals who deserve the bomb threats they received. I think with the audience he has, we know where this is heading next.

Do you think he's in the right here?

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm not understanding your first question. I don't think kids identifying as non-conforming genders makes them prone to depression/suicide. I always though it's the other way around.

I don't know think we are anywhere near a situation in schools where kids are peer pressured into changing genders. If anything kids who are transgender/nonbinary are still somewhat of an outcast amongst the majority.

I mean a GenZ like Anthony Edwards who was born in 2001 are still out there making fun of LGBT people openly on social media. I really think that Conservatives are trying to create this illusion that there is a movement to make kids trans gender to justify their hate.

No Worries likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I watched it (which was hard because I don't like him and hate the way he talks) and nowhere in that clip did he say they "deserve bomb threats", unless I totally missed something.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Very rigid commentary here by our lefties.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And blatantly false commentary from the righties.

No Worries likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"normalization of non-conforming gender among minors" - what does this mean?

A very small % of a population with a "unique condition" is always abnormal but can be fully accepted by society. Acceptance might be possible (it's likely won't ever be) but it's never going to be normal.

Being fully acceptable will definitely reduce the risk of depression/suicide.

I think your 2nd question is mostly not applicable. You are touching into nature vs nurture. Gender identity was thought to be all nurture in the 50s but we later have evidence that it's almost all nature. While personality is due to complex interaction between nature and nurture, it's likely that gender identity (at least the binary form of it) is not. There has been no evidence AFAIK of it.

A very sad case that gave us some good data in this area.

#35 Amiga, Sep 22, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Their names and videos are out in the public domain. They promoted their services publicly.

Does it make someone a right-wing extremist fascist wingnut now if one does NOT agree with the practice of mutilating minors' bodies to change their gender?

I understand the argument that is being made in favour of it, but what I don't understand is the extreme intolerance towards people who simply do not agree with it.

Personally, I don't think this should be a practice that is allowed. If someone is 18 or whatever, fine, you are old enough to decide.

I am not that passionate about it one way or another, but it seems to me that if you are not considered old enough to freely decide to have a beer, deciding to have your genitals cut off (or chemically altered) is a slightly bigger decision.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, "right-wing extremist fascist wingnut" is too much to decompose! . But I'll try.

Fascism has nothing to do with one perceived view toward body mutilation.

Extremist - yes, I think if you accept body mutilation of children, you are an extremist. But that language is too loaded. One side says "mutilation of children's body" and the other side says no such thing. There is no room for actual discussion with that huge of a gap. Really, just mostly room for yelling and hate.

Wingnut, right-wing - not helpful.

I would rather we talk about facts. It's one reason I don't bother watching TC.

The practices (or treatments) as I understand them to fall into two categories - hormonal therapy and/or physical body changes. My first thought is that should be left to the family and doctor. My second thought is there should be protection against abuse but I would put that responsibility (or first line of defense) on doctors, and absolutely not on the state. Dr should refer to the State when they believe there might be abuse.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would never allow my kids anything besides talk therapy if they came to me saying they thought they were the other gender. Hormone/blockers and surgery can lead to irreversible harm.

JumpMan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What about the comparison of alcohol/drugs and chemicals to change your gender? If you are not old enough for alcohol, which has a much less long-lasting and life-changing effect (no matter the consent of your parents or a doctor), then why would you be considered old enough to take much stronger chemicals which cause possibly non-reversible changes?

likestohypeguy likes this.