1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Transgender in California can now use the same Bathrooms/Locker Rooms in public schools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketManJosh, Aug 12, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Are people confusing transgender with cross dresser?

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wouldn't transgendered and cross dressing cancel everything out?

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

So let me get this straight (no pun intended). You are claiming that being transgendered is a disability?

4. treeman

treeman Member

I'd like to see this polled. Nationwide. Question would be: "Are you comfortable with members of the opposite sex having unrestricted access to bathroom and locker room facilities that you use?"

What do you think the results would be?

YOU might be OK with it, but the VAST majority of the public would not.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I'm also confused. Can somebody please explain to me the difference between the following:

transgender
    shemale
    chick with a dick
    shim
    broad with a rod

thanks

6. treeman

treeman Member

Not necessarily. transgender simply means that you identify as the opposite sex. Dress and piping have nothing to do with it. This is no more than little Brandon telling mommy and his teachers that he really feels like Brenda, so they have to let him use the girls restroom and locker room.

7. CometsWin

That's what I get for bothering. Lesson learned! :)

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Which is exactly why I prefaced my original comment with "My Take." I don't speak for women, I don't speak for all men, I speak for myself. As a rational, mature human being, I don't give a rats ass who sh!ts or pisses next to me, so long as they don't cross streams.

I'm sure if you polled the public that way you would find very few who would find it acceptable, but you have to remember that this isn't just some man going in to a women's restroom or vice versa, these are people who do not consider themselves to be the opposite gender they were born into, these people aren't cross dressers with dicks under their dress, they are men and women who have undergone reconstructive surgery so they can be who they be who they feel they are.

Most of us find this strange, and uneasy to understand, but I don't look at it and think that these are pervs that are going to creep in bathrooms, you don't have your dick chopped off so you can hang out in women's bathrooms legally.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Ok I was thinking transgender meant you had had surgery, which is what my response is based on.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes; because in America, progress means raising the standards for equality, making room at the table for more and more groups, and incorporating their ideas and perspectives to our social, intellectual and economic ecology. This is why we keep getting richer and stronger.

I'm black and cisgendered, and you checked wrong.

Incidentally, this invalidates your earlier post about there not being a choice. You implied that's the reason we stopped discriminating against blacks. We stopped because, just like your discriminating against transgenders, it's just freaking mean.

Incidentally that is the same pretext that was used to defend segregation, particularly in schools.

Now you owe us some more hazmat pics.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I hope the tone of this last comment was correctly conveyed.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Where is really gets confusing is when you have a cross-dressing transgender.

13. CometsWin

Cross dressing transgender = straight hetero?

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

No the real question to me is should my daughter have to take a shower in her public school locker room after her volleyball game standing next to some guy taking a shower because he claims that he is a girl on the inside ... its an open invitation to a non transgender deviant to do something innappropriate and also is just disrespectful that my girl has to shower next to some dude with his dong hanging out.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Callously wrong, deceptively over-simplified and inaccurately enmeshed with your anxieties over this specific policy.

16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

[​IMG]

No more hazmat pictures for a while, I fractured the ankle & tore the tendons last year on the job, just had surgery last Monday.

...& I don't get offended by much in this world. I'm all for people getting what's fair to them, but just not if it comes at the expense of, or violates what's fair for someone else; especially when it comes to children.

That's all.

17. Major

Major Member

An accomodation for a human condition and a civil right are two very different concepts and issues. ADA, for example, is an accommodation for a human condition, but it's not a civil right. That's why, for example, we don't require businesses to retrofit non-ADA compliant buildings in all cases. If it was truly a civil right, we wouldn't make exceptions.

Again, this is an issue more complicated than simple right and wrong. We have separate bathrooms for the different genders. No one has questioned that or said it's inappropriate or violates anyone's rights or anything that like.

Then you have a person that is biologically one gender and psychologically another gender. Who's to say which bathroom is the correct one? There's no clear cut "right" and "wrong" answer here because our bathrooms were never designed for this unique case. I think it's silly to proclaim one side right and everyone on the other side wrong.

From a practical standpoint, the law seems to have been in place in a few areas for a while without major concerns, so it doesn't seem like a big deal. But from a philosophical standpoint, I don't think there's necessarily a right answer.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What if one of your children thought they were the opposite sex? What would you do then?

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

My thought too.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Transgendered, no, sorry it goes like this -- Penises over in that restroom, vaginas over in that restroom. Not -- If you feel like a woman go to that bathroom, if you feel like a man go to that restroom.