1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Transgender in California can now use the same Bathrooms/Locker Rooms in public schools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketManJosh, Aug 12, 2013.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Just trying to get a pulse of some folks ...

Being up-front, I am generally a more conservative-minded person, but I believe that I try to be open and not concern myself with other people's choices. Frankly, I don't really care how other people live their lives especially in areas that don't affect me and should be treated equally.

That said, as a parent of a daughter now in the California Public School System, this new law is really pissing me off. I just can't stand the thought of my daughter being 14 and in High School and having some 18 year old boy who claims that he perceives himself to be a girl that day using the same gym locker room as her.

This whole thing just seems completely insane. Do most of you really agree with this legislation?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/12/calif-transgender-bill/2645435/

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Most places you need to have the tuck-and-roll operation done before being allowed to do that, if then.

You can't just put on a wig and a dress and demand access to the women's restroom.

3. RocketManJosh

Yes but all they have to do is perceive that they are of the opposite sex .. no operation or wig needed according to this law

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think bathrooms are a sexy place to even fewer people than for whom sex change is appealing.

So... kind of a non-issue. Lots of places have co-ed bathrooms now. Kinda gross, yeah, but it's not sexy time.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Congrats B-Bob!

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Where's Mayzar?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sports? That means a 6'6 high school baller can have a sex change and dominate the girls basketball. Were gonna see a 7ft man transgender with a beard dominate the wnba soon too lol.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That would be Brittney Griner.

9. RocketManJosh

Transgender just means you believe you are the opposite sex right? ... according to this a boy that believes he is a girl can play girls sports in California no? This law has nothing to do with getting an operation and then having these rights. That is my problem with it ... anyone can claim to be transgender right?

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Fine by me. Gender segregated bathrooms and locker rooms are social mandates, not health or sanitary ones. I wonder if anyone considers how people clothe and bathe in countries where they can't afford to build two or in this case three of everything. Maybe the silver lining is that boys might stop grab-assin' after practice.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

They would anthropologically(?) identify as their non-birth gender, and in a way that could be easily measured and documented psychologically. Furthermore the additional psych screening could probably identify any other issues which would increase the opportunity to clinically segregate them anyways.

12. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

would not go to the womens bathroom even if I had to option to. Tampon central, no thanks jeff.

13. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

What about the part that says transgender kids can play sports with the sex they are now living as?

Does a guy have to have a full surgery to play on the girls volleyball team. I can't lie, when I was in HS I would have paid good money to be a fly on the wall for our lady volleyball team in the locker room.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just don't get TGs -- too many weird stories.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This reminds me of silly arguments about heterosexual friends getting married in droves once same sex marriage was legalized.

The specter of the bad faith horndog hetero hermaphhrodite on the volleyball team may be vivid in your imagination- but doesn't seem too realistic.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Glad we live in Texas.

DD

1 person likes this.
  17. RocketManJosh

I couldnt care less about sports ... I do believe my daughter should be able to change in the girls locker room without boys in there though. I think it is absurd to allow a boy in there just because he says he believes he is a girl.

18. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Im going here, what is the reasoning for them to have to use the ladies restroom

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

FFS people we aren't talking about guys who just want to go into the girls locker room.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hRKQJCC_RSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She shouldn't be forced to use a men's bathroom and he shouldn't be forced to use a woman's bathroom.

That said the sports thing is different. The IOC does allow transgender people to compete 2 years after they have undergone gender reassignment surgery if I recall correctly.

20. RocketManJosh

After surgery ... I cant say I disagree ... but what they are talking about here is just someone who feels like they are of the opposite sex. If I am wrong on that, then fine, but it is not what is said in any of the articles Ive read