1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tari on the 3rd team for scrimmages is giving me emotional damage

2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just wait until you see EGs usual complaining antics at least 10 times a game while Tari watches from the bench.

aaquaa, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

EG’s tragic drives to the rim culminating in a scream and that facial expression make me want to rip my ears and my eyes out…it pains me to my core

he makes me want to take a bat to my TV screen

aaquaa, crose, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas setting me up for higher expectations.

Don't say it if you don't mean it.

And Silas leans on Lucas.

A LOT.

I'm sure he'll do same with Hollins and Abdelfattah too.

And Jabari already stressing defensive communication and being best D in league.

Day ONE.

HOT DAMMM!!!

#224 D-rock, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Group 1 better be dominating. That is essentially our core.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Preemptive knee-jerk "WASTED PICK who's on the third string of the worst team in the NBA!" comment.

Also:

Preemptive knee-jerk "They're just giving Jabari the first team reps because he's a high draft pick, but he hasn't earned anything--unlike Gary Bird!" comment.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not playing Garuba at 5 spot on 2nd team does not bode well.

Especially because it pushes Tari to 3rd team.

Burke not mentioned in any of groups but we see him on the court for Day 1.

#228 D-rock, Sep 28, 2022
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Silas seems like an extremely likeable guy. I hope he gives Alpi more minutes and the team starts winning.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm hoping they play so well they force Silas to rearrange. Then again, that didn't help with Sengun last year, so who really knows?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas admission of not knowing the extent of Garuba's strengths makes a lot of sense in how he played Garuba and even Sengun last season.

I hope he puts in more film on the new guys so it doesn't take a full season to understand how to maximize Bari, Tari, TyTy.

Mr Woods, aaquaa and DreamShook like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Almost everyone's grown an inch, even older players like Tate, Sterling in addition to EGo.

Hilarious, NBA puffery of height is back again.

Believe It! likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, you can see his right hip rotate forward when Lucas not putting hands on him.

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

15. fchowd0311

I need more of those training camp videos.
    [​IMG]

cmoak1982 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

this is nba. you cant run with 5 kids lol. EG starting is good for me, way better than Tate.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

There were many positives from the Rockets’ long practice session Wednesday on their second day of training camp. Many were the same positive signs — conditioning, effort, attitude — that had him gushing after the camp’s first day.

There was also a great deal that will be covered in the next video session before the final day of camp Thursday at McNeese State.

“I saw we have a lot of work to do,” Silas said. “(It's) day two, obviously. We did a good job of putting things in. We scrimmaged quite a bit today and it’s evident, it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s going to be a process for us. We’re going to have to learn from mistakes and watch film and get better as a result.

“Today was good because we were able to see it in action. But yeah, it’s going to be tough.”

“I think that's natural, to think that things are going to be easier,” Silas said. “I think we found out today how tough it can be. It was a good day, for sure, but there are mistakes we have to correct. Things didn’t exactly go the way people wanted them to. We have to do better, just like turnovers when you’re not in the right spot, or runs when one team is going on a bigger run than you want them to, or people missing shots, just natural, regular stuff.

“When you come off a really positive summer and a positive day and you have a day the shots aren’t going in the way you want them to and things aren’t as easy as they were the day before and defense is a little tougher for one team than it is for the other team, there’s some frustration that goes along with it. That’s natural. It’s a process. There’s frustration initially and there’s communication and there’s coming together in those moments. As the scrimmage went along and they relaxed and they were positive with each other, they got better.”

#237 J.R., Sep 28, 2022
  18. fchowd0311

Why do they have to crop that windmill dunk video?

Anyways I'm glad there is some honesty and it isn't just pr flowery language how everyone looks like a potential star

CRJ713, clos4life and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

being in the 3rd team with the likes of TyTy, Nwaba, and Boban means u are currently in the back end of the rotation at best

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  20. fchowd0311

That's probably the default state for any rookies who aren't high end lottery picks. Both he and TyTy are there. It's just where they start. Good chance he might move to the second unit by the end of training camp.