1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Traffic Advice Needed - West Houston to the Med Center

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, May 31, 2010.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I currently staying in west Houston/Spring Branch (Gessner north of I-10), and I need to be at the medical center on Pressler between Main and Fannin at 8:00AM tomorrow morning.

I know the way, but what I don't know is how Houston AM traffic is these days as I've been gone for a couple of years and I haven't had to traverse AM traffic in quite some time.

Google Maps tells me the best/fastest way is to take Beltway 8 South to the Westpark toll road to 59 North. Or I could avoid the highways and get there via Hempstead to Washington to Shepherd/Greenbriar.

Any thoughts/advice?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Edit - I'm planning on leaving at 7:00AM to allow myself enough time for traffic and parking. TIA.

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I would suggest double-checking with MapQuest or some other site. GoogleMaps has had many problems recently. The last two times, it has given me completely wrong directions.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I know the way, I'm just concerned with Houston morning rush hour and whether to avoid the highways. Good advice still, though. I checked on Bing and got the same routes as the two I listed in the opening post.

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I don't know how I-10 traffic is these days since they've finished but if it isn't bad then take I-10 to downtown and take 45 south to 59 south and exit Fannin.

If not, Westpark Toll to 59N is the way to go.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

i-10 towards downtown shouldn't be that bad.. you can also take the katy/1-10 tollway from gessner to i-10..

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Ugh...trying to get to the med center at 8am?

Probably taking the beltway to the westpark tollway would be the best...get off and take new castle to bellaire...take bellaire into the med center.