1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Lin is better for the Rockets and Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by catch22, Jan 18, 2013.

1. New

A fan does not need to know basketball. Our duty is to pay the Rockets...
    If you think about it, what is the point of discussion since our discussion has ZERO impacts on the player's performance. It is for the Fan to vet their frustration or share their joy. It's just another game, really.

The only thing I dislike is humiliating posts like the JOKE thread. It's just as disgusting as a piece of $$$$t.

2. larry cook

larry cook Member

which sux for us fans who want another championship, business over chemistry... how we gonna win with the owners thinking like that. We might make the playoffs again and again but we want the chip!

3. Star

Star Member

So far into the season, it is clear that Lin and Asik don't match well. Even Greg Smith is a better fit for Lin.

Lin needs a PnR/Alley Oop athletic guy while Asik is better with a very good shooting PG so he can get to the paint easily with opposing team double teaming the PG.

So one of them has to go and unfortunately Asik would be the one getting traded.

Lin has more upsides and has shown more glimpse of being a impact player. The most important thing is he sells ticket/sponsership and the Rocket would not give up a money maker.

Sorry Asik fans :(

4. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I agree with this asssessment. We saw last season what Lin was capable of when playing with a dominant big guy like Tyson Chandler. Asik has done well this season but he's a little slow getting some passes under control, passes that most centers would eat up. His slow handle of the ball gives defences time to surround him and put pressure on or block his what should be a easy lay-up or dunk. Seen so many times this season how Lin finds him under the hoop but Asik's slow handling causes him to blow easy baskets. Like you say, a better shooting PG will spread the defence more and give Asik more room to work in.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lin needs strong pick and roll finisher...

Chandler was perfect..

7. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

lol wait a second, what.
    Do you work for the Rockets or are you slipping away

8. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

That girl has so much love in her eyes for Lin, like "i can take away all your pains Jeremy"
    She doesn't know Parsons takes away Jeremy's pains now, cos jeremy knows most of the girls now are just gold diggers

9. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Read an article on MIT SSAC where offensive ball-handling have the worst synergy among the six types; scoring and scoring prevention, offensive and defensive ball-handling, and offensive and defensive rebounding.

If Jeremy Lin can't develop a 3 point shot, the team will trade him sooner or later.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Harden was the "PG" when he was on the OKC team.

11. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

agreed, but dont think it will happen

12. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Firing Mchale would be good for Lin and the Rockets.

13. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

trade lin immediately, he is the worst starting pg ever

14. fattz

fattz Member

Worked for the Laker lets go "SHOWTIME" --> championships here we come!

Royce = Magic

:grin: lol

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

no arguement on if he is pg or not. my question is how other pg did on ct as same time as harden. does anyone have data?

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I also agree that at best, Lin can be a number 2 guy on his team in terms of offense, while he's more likely to be number 3 guy. Really, he's more suitable to be a facilitator type of player than a dominant high scoring PG, i.e., Jrue Holiday type of PG. Lin will have a very hard time becoming a good jump shooter. I don't think they taught you how to shoot well in Harvard. And really, I am saying this as a Lin admirer.

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

The problem is there is no other PG player on Rockets. I agree Lin does not fit well under the current Rockets system. Either their coaches have to change or I think they will get fired.

18. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

In today's NBA game, perhaps it's true that a PG without a good long jump shooting cannot go far. Granted Lin does pass pretty well and he's a good team player, etc., but how effective can he be without knocking down wide open jumpers during crucial down the stretch situations?

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

To be fair, it's also true that Rubio and Rondo also suck at shooting, but is Lin as good passer as they are?

20. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

From what I have seen, Rubio's shooting is even worse: that guy cannot even shoot short, mid-range and long jumpers, and his driving to the rim is not even that good. But his passing is pretty darn good and is level headed. But because of weak points, I do not consider Rubio a max contract type of PG.