1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Morey also likes Rubio.

2. srrm

srrm Member

wakkoman05 made a good point some time ago:

The Lakers are successful with Derek Fisher, who doesn't really do much other than shoot, bring the ball up the court, and play defense.

In Brooks we have that and more. Alongside a star wing player, Brooks will be a much better passing option than Lowry (assuming that the wing needs the ball in his hands to create offense).

Not only that, but when the winger is double teamed and defended well, Brooks is a more than capable slasher to keep scoring points for the team.

As much as I love Lowry and his fire, I would trade him first (if it came to it).

3. amaru

amaru Member

Wow........times really have changed. I remember when you were saying start Lowry.

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree. Brooks is a better player when he looks to score and have shooters all around him. He is the type of PG who really don't need a dominate post-player to stay on the floor. His strength is actually to play without one.

5. plates300

plates300 Member

I say give Brooks some better finishers (guys who can actually make wide open shots and not just lay ups) and he will be more than a willing passer. Why bother passing to an open teammate if they keep missing the shot? especially late in the game. No way would you trade Brooks. Think of trying to defend him. nightmares.

6. herro

herro Member

I would not even think about doing any of the trades list in the original post.

Nonsense.

7. herro

herro Member

the same guy that said he didn't see Taylor of Budinger contributing...

shocker.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Anthony
    Randolph?

Dont get me wrong, I like the guy's potential; but, there should not be debate for AB for AR straight up.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Or to an open teammatte that is not looking to score. (Hayes, Battier)

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

so basically you saying that we should trade AB so the other team would get better ???? WTF

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You trade Brooks only if Rubio is available 25 years old for a 19 year old is worth the swap. Like i suggested. #2pick/Rubio/Sessions/Gomes/Blount i think or Cardinal for Brooks/Landry/Ariza/Battier/14th pick. Minnesota is ready to win and rather not wait on Rubio. AND they get the move done in a single move. They have Love/Jefferson already and alot of bigs in the draft and already have Rubio. Love can shoot from the outside who Brooks can pair with on the floor. Maybe later they make a move for Granger using Landry, because they wanted Granger and would have Ariza/Landry AND 14th pick (who they select) for Granger. Who knows, but i can see something like that going down.

12. Depressio

Depressio Member

I'm sorry, but that's #%&$ing terrible. You want to turn us into the Timberwolves? No thanks.

Ahh, you're a Wolves fan. Gotcha.

13. rockets934life

Call me crazy but I am pretty high on Llull, Rubio is going to be overseas for a few more years so I'd like to see what happens with Llull before moving on to Rubio...just my thought.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You are a moron!! how do you draw to that conclusion? Yea OK i'm a Wolves fan with a Rockets sign in name. There is a couple 19 year old prospects in the draft who would be franchise players.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

We still have Llull.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i'm not sold on brooks because of his lack of bball iq and decision making. id trade brooks for johnny flynn in a flash.

17. rockets934life

If you acquire Rubio then Llull is an after thought, Rubio looks good but Llull doesn't look to bad either and you don't have to give up anything for Sergio.

18. Depressio

Depressio Member

Considering you suggested a trade whose goal is making Minnesota a contender and making Houston a scrub team, that would be the logical choice. Usually homer-type fans make those kind of ridiculous one-sided trades.

Unless you actually believe that trade will benefit Houston somehow? If so, you're delusional.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Llull is a combo guard who would be ready next season. Rubio would be ready after next season. Llull can play on the same court with Rubio and share time at point with the ball. Sorry don't know what your talking about. Just, because we have Llull and can make a move for Rubio don't draw out the conclusion to pass on Rubio. The team's goal is 'get young' which means trading Brooks or Landry for youth sounds like it's agenda if it was neccessary. This don't make Brooks/Landry old, just saying if there is 19 year olds with a ton of talent and potential you move the 25/26 year olds if you could.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Member