1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 8, 2010.

1. choujie

choujie Member

I thougt YOH were gone too.

2. krockets

krockets Member

Even though I am nowhere near to be a YOF, should I assume you are a YOH? Because I hardly ever see any non-YOH would call others a YOF...

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree, dont see anybody who could bring what the guy brings to Houston and the team. I don't think there's a guy who can replace that in this league. I see him staying here and even retiring here. Unless he has other plans which is understandable, but he brings too much to Houston. He was here first and this is his team. I think a couple good side-kicks could blend in nicely.

4. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Funny because this wasn't really that big an issue until Brooks became the starting PG. Never really had this problem when in was Rafer, TMac feeding the ball.

People who continue to use this excuse absolutely amaze me at how blind they are. If you can't find a way to get a 7'6" guy a the ball then Ill blame the PG 100 times out of 101.

Problem is Brooks doesn't have the skill, and to be perfectly honest with you, the want to get Yao the ball. Ive watched enough games to see that it is Brooks who gives up on the play more often then not. When Yao is being fronted and swings through the lane to seal, there is a small window of opening that needs to be taken immediately. Brooks doesn't have the urgency/patience/want to let this develope. Take off your Brooks glasses for a bit and carefully rewatch last years playoffs. Its not difficult at all to see Yao was getting open for flashes.

5. leebigez

leebigez Member

I don't know how long you have watched the rockets or been on this board, but pople have always complained about not being able to get yao the ball. Whether it was cat and francis or rafer and now brooks. The common theme is all those guys can't be wrong or be not capable. Yao is mostly the problem. Now whether its by physical limitations or what, but when you can't move your feet, then the pass has to be perfect whereas a guy like duncan or even a guy like shaq can move there feet to retrieve a pass thats not perfect.

6. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Member

Who cares about who's team it is. For the folks that care, it's Les Alexander's team.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Cat/Francis didn't get Yao the ball b/c they couldn't. They didn't get him the ball b/c they wanted to take the shots themselves.

To be honest, I don't remember Rafer being unable to get Yao the ball.

Yao has recently had troubles with fronting, but theoretically, that could be solved by a guard who is capable of driving to the basket without using screens.

It's true that Yao moves slowly, and if you compound that with Brooks' lack of height, that's a pair that is destined to fail, and of those two players, it will be Brooks that gets sacrificed.

2 people like this.