1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trading #3 for #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilias, May 19, 2022.

?

What would you add on top of the 3rd pick to move up to #1?

1. Nothing, happy to stay at 3

63.1%
  2. 17th pick in this draft

21.0%
  3. 1 Nets pick

8.7%
  4. 2 Nets picks

2.1%
  5. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  6. 2 Nets picks and 1 swap

0.5%
  7. 1 Nets pick and 1 swap

4.1%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jesus, you really thought this $hit out. I like it.

2. hakeemthagreat

Sengun isn't good enough to be making draft day decisions around

3. thekad

thekad Member

Other than his jump shot what else does Dirk do on the offensive side?

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Unblockable outside of 6 feet sure. In the paint as a 6'10 player he's not very good. Overall 2p% is flat out bad. I agree with the physical gifts of rising above smaller defenders and length defensively in space. He shoots a good amount of free throws on his jump shots which is a great thing. I dont think just adding weight is going to allow Jabari to defend 5's just based on his bad feel for the game in the paint. He's not a big. He can switch well enough and keep things in front of him, but he's not going to bang and be a difference maker vs any legitimate post threat or good center in this league, but that leads into the next thought of continuing to pigeon hole certain players which we personally may not prefer in order to bolster the other guy(s) as Im guilty of it as well.

If Banchero continues to be a "bad defender and shooter" into his NBA career and not given the credit to get better based on innuendo then logically the next "easy" assumption would be that Jabari not being able to dribble to save his life or finish in the paint will stall him and he ends up being the epitome of a 3&D player. Chet apparently cant play vs good competition and nuts up when games are too big for him. Terrible 3 point shooting in elimination games and cant seem to stay out of foul trouble, but yeah - he blocks shots but can also be hunted purposefully to get him out of the game. See how that works? I think they will all get better and just have a feeling Banchero will be the best of the bunch. In a few years we'll kick it around and see how things changed for better or worse.

We definitely will disagree on what is easier - "learning" NBA level handle vs improving your 3 point shot by 5%.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree.

We will see who becomes the best player in this draft.

I also agree that certain skills are easier to improve at NBA level. Shooting is easier to learn over playmaking for example.

But elite defense is the hardest transition imo.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

So this happening or not?