1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Now that its becoming clearly that we'll not go to the playoffs, do you guys still think that CD and Les will make a trade before the deadline? Or just fire the coach first... :p

If there's an opportunity, I would like to go for JR Smith + PJ Brown or Claxton in exchange for Swift/wesley/moochie + picks

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

As much as I don't like it, I don't think JVG's going to be going anywhere. Management will accept the injuries as to why this season has been so bad.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I think you got one half of this equation correct Swift/wesley/moochie but the other half won't happen. The Knicks are looking to unload Q and James, they would be a likely candidate, not saying I would do that trade only pointing out one of the most motivated trading partners out there.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You have to stay away from Jerome James. He makes Mo Taylor look like a skinny gym-rat.

The deal I would be pushing for with NY is Howard straight up for Q-Rich.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

I don't know Q Rich seems like he needs alot of shot off just to get double digits in Points.. I mean look at his field goal and 3 point percentage. They are not all that great..346 .324 blah :rolleyes:

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Would Q play PF?

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm not talking about the Q-Rich from Phoenix and NY, i'm talking about the all-around, versatile, can-score-from-anywhere Clipper Q-Rich. It's a shame watching him play anymore because he used to be able to do so much more. He fell in love with the 3-pt shot last year and now that seems to be all he wants to do. The idea is he would have to expand his game and become a more multi-dimensional player again. I think it's worth the risk since all we would be sacrificing is a regressing, one-dimensional PF in his 30's to acquire him.

Q-Rich is only 25-years-old and one hell of an athlete. He's very explosive and is an excellent rebounder, on top of that he usually stays healthy and injury-free (unlike half of our current roster). Standing at 6'6" and being capable of playing both SG and SF, I think it's worth a shot if we can pull it off.

He's basically considered "damaged goods", those are the kind of guys you have to go after when you have limited resources like we currently do.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Instead of rearranging the seats on the Titanic with our current rotation, lets trade seats with the Ella Fitzgerald.

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    David Wesley
    6-1 SG from Baylor
    11.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 35.7 minutes

Stromile Swift
    6-9 PF from Louisiana State
    9.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.5 apg in 22.4 minutes

Moochie Norris
    6-1 PG from West Florida
    2.3 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 9.1 minutes

Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    11.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 37.8 minutes

Dikembe Mutombo
    7-2 C from Georgetown
    2.7 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.1 apg in 17.3 minutes

Derek Anderson
    6-5 SG from Kentucky
    10.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.6 apg in 29.1 minutes

Incoming
    Danny Fortson
    6-8 PF from Cincinnati
    3.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.1 apg in 12.0 minutes

Luke Ridnour
    6-2 PG from Oregon
    11.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 6.7 apg in 33.7 minutes

Ray Allen
    6-5 SG from Connecticut
    24.8 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.5 apg in 39.1 minutes

Change in team outlook: -8.1 ppg, -12.1 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

Successful Scenario

We get a sg that can fill it up from the outside and starting pg with decent handles and an overpaid (only 1 yr remaining) pf/c.

They get a "potential" pf, a starting pg and a boat load of cap space to start shopping with next year and can reload around Lewis.

Only teams that are desperate will make trades for our "cap space", plus that same team must already be low in payroll already because if your 11 million over the space and you trade for 10 million in expiring contracts, you're still over.

Now would Les want 3 max contracts?

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Umm..isn't that the reason??

The Rockets went 6-15 without Yao. They are what, 0-13 without McGrady.

I think the record I heard, prior to last night, was that in this oh so dismal season, they were still 9-5 with both Yao and T-Mac. 9-6 after last night, I guess, but 2nd of a back to back against a solid team with a good first half...I'm willing to discount it...

As for trades, the only difference I see the horrid start having in the teams stance on trades is they should be less willing to take a risk on a player who may have helped them for this year only, or this year and next year, which is a good thing. I guess the other thing is that our 1st round pick now actually has value, and our expiring contracts still have value, so...

Would you, or the Warriors do something like:

Troy Murphy + Mike Dunleavy for Moochie, Swift, Wesley and our 1st round pick this year?

10. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

Did u mention the crack you added into the water in Seattle for them to make this trade.

not to mention the crack you gotta get mutombo to smoke to play anywhere else. seems your crack expense on this trade is so high that it negates the trade.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Seattle is going nowhere with the current roster and a mid-lottery pick is not going to help them. I think they'd love to get rid of Danny and wouldn't mind unloading Ray for FA space. That would give them a clean slate to rebuild with Lewis as a young centerpiece. Now Ridnour may be a tough one to pry away from them since he's young, underpaid and somewhat of a local, but I'd like to get a new pg since I'm not sold on Raf.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have wondered if Q-Rich were attainable.

From what I remember, his defense isn't so great, but hell, if we could get the Clippers/Suns version of him, we could certainly use the firepower.

He's performing poorly this year but he had an injury, I think his brother died (or am I thinking of someone else?), and he hasn't really fit on that jacked-up team.

Expiring contracts and our first rounder should do it. Face it, JVG ain't going anywhere, and we won't land a LeBron with that first rounder.

1. Rafer, Luther
    2. Q, Whoever We Don't Trade, Derek
    3. TMac, Derek, etc
    4. Juwan Hayes Swift
    5. Yao Swift Deke

13. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Ha! Cue the Bud Light song!

Yeah, Seattle just resigned Ray, but they would like to unload him for cap space? WTF?
    And they're trying to get rid of Reggie Evans, not Fortson - maybe you got that confused.
    Anyway, even if they were trying to move those two and Luke, they would never take back what you'd offer for them - never ever.

14. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

lets get iverson or kg,those kg rumors are startin up

15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Q would upgrade our biggest hole (SG), but I don't like his contract. I'd rather just write this year off and get a SG in the draft. We don't need a LeBron - just a SG with good size and a dead eye. A younger version of Jon Barry would be great. His absence hurts.

16. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

SAY NO TO Q. BAGGAGE and cant shoot the 3 consistantly you think wesley shot is off wait till we were to see Q shoot.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

no way, rocks need to steer well clear of brokeback q-rich and his contract. bad trade idea.

18. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

20. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member