1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Vipers, Erie Bayhawks make a 5-player deal

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.nba.com/dleague/erie/bayhawks_complete_five_player__2013_03_05.html

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Mike Singletary! Kingwood High! Welcome back!

3. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Mike sing! Back in the Houston family. Went to high school with him. Undersized but great work ethic and drive. Van gundy type player. I wish he could pan out to be a chuck Hayes type player. Would be awesome to see him in a rockets jersey. Although unlikely

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Significance is?

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Trade away 3 players, get 2 in return. Maybe this means more playing time for Royce White a.k.a. the Mental Mamba.

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

So we can turn 3 roster players into an all-star!

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Admit never heard of D.J. kennedy before, but looked up his page on Draftexpress.

The description and his stats are eerily similar to Chandler Parsons.

9. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

IMO, Morey made this move to get Kennedy, who will get his shot with the Rockets some day. Right now, Kennedy is averaging 18 pts/8 reb/6 ast and is only 23...

...Expect him to compete for minutes behind Parsons during the summer. Could signal that we are getting rid of Garcia AND Delfino.

10. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

three for two...will they sign Honeycutt?

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Actually I misread the article. It's actually a 2 for 2 trade. The Vipers also gave away the rights to Mustafa Shakur who is currently playing in Italy. So this trade doesn't really free up any roster space ... and I don't even know how many players a D-League team can have.

Really? I thought D-League teams have their own GM manager? The D-League develops players, coaches, officials, and front office personnel.