1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Tucker to the Lakers already.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Feb 7, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He hit the game winning shot against okc

D-rock likes this.
  2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Talen Horton Tucker would be a nice addition. Especially if we really are trying to play "small ball".

D-rock and VoR like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If you could swing Tuck for only one between THT or Kuz, who do you prefer?

I'd like both but if only one, I lean toward Kuzma who is NBA proven, great numbers as a starter. I think he could pair nicely with Wood, and ball dominant players like Wall and KPJ.

Mr.Scary likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

THT

Without hesitation.

5. ipaman

why though, give me something we can parley.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

"Tucker for Tucker" and "Gordon for Gordon" are trades I want to see...

Bo6, Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Kuzma is one of the worst players in the NBA. Would rather work on his Instagram feed than his game. Why do you think he got the smallest extention in his class?

Also, Kuzma isn't young. He's the same age as Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Why do we want another 6'4" SG who can't shoot 3s? He's a late 2nd round pick who is also an upcoming RFA, so he isn't even guaranteed to be a cheap contract next year. Kuz is only 25 and is really playing well this season.

ipaman likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

THT is like Tucker, short for a forward but his 7'2 wingspan allows him defend 1-5.

His work ethic and efficiency is better than Kuzma.

And Kuzma is useless in switch everything.

Trading Tucker to Lakers would not be my first choice.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Kuzma isn't a baller he's a wannabe celebrity. His only motivation is that being on the Lakers keeps him relevant enough to be famous. Pull him out of Hollywood and he'll crumble. And no, he's not playing really well this season. This is what I absolutely hate about Lakers perception. Yes, he's been good the last 2 weeks with AD out but just one month ago he was absolute trash. He was averaging his worst numbers since his rookie year before this last stretch. When it comes to the freaking Lakers people always overrate the good but completely ignore the bad.

This guy is trash who thinks he's the next Kobe. In his 2nd year when he had an actually good season, he was taking most his shots at the rim and finishing at an elite rate. Since then, his at the rim attempts have greatly decreased and he's moved to the midrange much more where he's completely mediocre. Why? Cause he wants to be Kobe.

NO MORE tunnel vision guys. Aren't you tired of contract year Dipo taking all these stupid mid range shots with no hope? Imagine that with much much much less talent. I don't think I've ever even seen Kuzma pass just to move the ball around.

11. ipaman

I agree, he isn't focused but getting your ass traded and away from that hollywood lifestyle could be a wake up call. THT is an unknown to me without contract controle, while Kuzma as a starter has great numbers and you have him under contract. That's how I look at it.

12. ipaman

The switch everything is a concern, Kuzma has very poor lateral quickness.

I brought the Lakers up because of AD going down. They needs some depth to stay top 3 in the west and could be desperate enough.

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Hollywood is the only thing keeping Kuzma on the court. Without it he'd just retire and become a reality TV star.

ipaman likes this.
  14. ipaman

LOL if that's true then what a joke of a character. Seems strange coming from a Flint kid.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I see the Lakers and Nuggets as darkhorses for PJ. Things should heat up as we get closer to the deadline. For the time being, I'm fine with him sitting for as long as he needs (or longer)

D-rock likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And yet he always seemed to be something of a Rocket-killer...at least, he was a couple/few seasons ago.

3, splash! 3, splash!

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bo6 and ipaman like this.
  18. bmelo

bmelo Member

Nobody is giving THT or Kuzma for expiring 36 yo Tucker, yall dellusional i swear lol. He has like 4 mil left of salary, it will be 2nd round pick at most or he will just be bought out and sign wherever he wants

GotGame15 and Phillyrocket like this.
  19. sogood.

sogood. Member

We ain't getting THT or Kuzma for the corpse of PJ Tucker, come on guys.

Not to mentioned Kuzma has significantly improved his rebounding and defense this season.

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Tucker would help the Nets defense out so much, but I'm not sure who they could trade for him.

D-rock likes this.