1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade "thoughts" from ESPN's Chris Broussard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidkconover, May 30, 2012.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

gasol is a valuable asset, but a depreciating one.

i'd rather move all of those pieces for a higher draft pick. start calling the blazers about lowry for the 6th pick, or toronto for the 8th pick.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

and the Commish will do a Kings-X on tonite's results. With the first pick Houston selects...

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

or Lowry for Robinson, Beal straight up

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

one of them

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It does sort of make sense for the Lakers to ask for Parsons, instead of Budinger. Budinger really doesn't help them defensively, as much Parsons would. You have to remember that they are still chasing after a title.

You have to remember, this is Gasol and some posters still say he's on the best bigs in the league.

Though Scola-Lowry-Budinger is fun trade, because it will inevitably make the Lakers a little weaker.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sorry only 1 Gasol is on the market. And Llull will not be here next season because of contract and other issues.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I doubt that chasing after another title in the Lakers highest priority. That impending $85+ million luxury tax is now number 1 IMHO. The Lakers owners main source of income the the franchise. And Kobe ain't going nowhere.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I really think the ship has sailed on Gasol. Doubt Morey is still as interested in acquiring him as he was originally.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I should also mention Budinger is a FA.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Would do in a heartbeat. We dont need Lowry, Budinger, or Scola. We do need a prescene down low.

Dragic
    Martin (for now)
    Parsons
    Gasol
    Camby

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Please say this again and repeat

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why would either do it?

13. willieg52

willieg52 Member

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Morey needs to stop getting boners for Pau.

He's not going to take us to the next level.

I will still take Scola over Pau. Pau may be more talented, but Scola puts up similar numbers with enough touches and shots. His jumper is more lethal than Pau's and he has something Pau does not: Fight.

15. djjamieh

djjamieh Member

I didn't want the Gasol trade at first but think about our roster if we re sign Dragic. Wewould have an impressive front line of Gasol,Camby and Dalembert. Courtney Lee,Chandler Parsons, Kevin Martin and whoever else we sign in the offseason.

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Great trade for the Rockets (Lakers too), as long as they can re-sign Dragic, and as long as Parsons isn't involved.

17. albuster

albuster Member

The best post in this thread. Besides, reports are that Pau wants to go to the Bulls. He would be more valuable there than with the Rockets. I'll take Scola anytime at this stage of their careers. Scola is a fighter and he has inside game. He may not have been as effective this year because, if people were paying attention, he was often double or triple teamed in the post because the opposing teams respected his inside game and the Rockets had no reliable outside threat.

18. fattz

fattz Member

We want to build around an aging player that is the third best player on his current team and is way over paid. He is not the go to guy or even their best big yet we will trade away two starters and a soild bench player for him. Is this the way to win a championship? If not then we need to thank DS from saving us from ourselfs. Put Scola in the same role as Pau on the Lakers and we would be trying to trade for him, too.

The draft is the way to build a team. IMO

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I am so glad that someone else caught the post defense opponents threw at Scola last year. I have put it out there several times on CF and been called very bad names every time.

But there is no bigger roster upgrade available to the Rockets than adding Gasol. Just look at the numbers of a Gasol/Camby front court. And IMHO Scola needs to be moved. There is a 7' athletically gifted PF with 3 point range and a good post game who is going to be here next year demanding PT.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with most of these posters. Scola is a fighter and good post player, but he isn't quite as good and versatile as Gasol.

Gasol would only be a quick fix, not necessarily a long term solution. Moreover even, we sign Dragic. It's still sort of toss-up whether this team could be any better than 6th place team in the West. It's hard to say, when you have teams, like Minnesota, Sacramento, and possibly New Orleans on the horizon. You've always got the Trailblazers, Suns, and Jazz to contend with, as well.

I've heard rumors that the Rockets could also court Deron Williams, yet try to resign Dragic and trade (or keep) Lowry.

There's no starter at center for next year, unless Marcus Camby is penciled in and he's near 40.

Even Courtney Lee may not be on the roster, next year, if he signed away by another team and the Rockets fail to match.

To be honest, the Rockets have no direction, right now. They got a competitive on the court team, but even with a top notch superstar. This team is still several years away from being contender.