1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence while Jones is high?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 20, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry to bump...

Jason Smith is out for the year

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Played for Jefferson Democrats in High School (with Terrence Ross).

3. Play07

Play07 Member

First let me say I'm a big fan of jones he will be a great high energy pf in the league. His value is very high right now but he has flaws I think that will hurt us in a playoff series going up against vet bigs okc, Portland, clippers. Don't be surprised if Morey deals him at deadline. dmo could be traded but jones value is way higher if packaged.

Lack of screens for guards
    rotational defense
    P&r hedging D
    One on one "post" defense
    Lack of pick & pop jumper
    Lack of 3
    rebounding when facing a bigger PF

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree with you and I also like Jones. As far as tonight, I felt Dmo should have played more in the 4th qt. He was playing well on both ends of the court and he helps spread the floor a lot better than TJ.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

Yeah I really like jones, he will probably be better than a millsapp etc one day, but if this team is in win mode now, a vet that can help this year and next will be better for playoff match ups but that's not to say jones will be better than years down the line. I was watching jones close on offense down the strech and he wasn't setting picks nothing just standing around by the free throw line, not looking for a shot etc. when the game slows down harden will be there but we need other options

1 person likes this.
  6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

OKC with Perkins, Ibaka and Adam.
    Clips with Jordan, Griffin and whoever
    Portland with Aldridge, Lopez and Leonard

Are you sure you are referring the correct teams?

7. Play07

Play07 Member

u dang right I am, add pacers & heat in the east if you want to also

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Trade him because he beats up on homeless people.:rolleyes:

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ban Carl Herrera for posting while high.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rising Star @<a href="https://twitter.com/TerrenceJones1">TerrenceJones1</a> sits down with NBA Entertainment to talk about his sophomore season. <a href="http://t.co/BU5WITMR4k" title="http://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/434134248404946944/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/BU5WITMR4k</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/434134248404946944" data-datetime="2014-02-14T01:17:25+00:00">February 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. coffeelover665

"that's ****ed up" is what I say

HAHAHAHAHHAAH is what I'm thinking.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who is this guy??

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Since Smith is out for the season, the deal you heard about seems like it won't go down.

Any chance you could spill the beans now and tell us what MIGHT have happened?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Solid performance in the Rookie Challenge game. Nothing spectacular but solid.

15. gamor

gamor Member

any second year rookie can be selected to the all star game, they are going to make it in NBA. It will be insane to trade a rookie like that while he is under rookie contract.

16. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

CH should be better than this. :(

Didn't read the OP. Sell high should only happen when you think the ASSET won't get better in terms value/price ratio. TJones, 22, has just moved up out of his trough value and you want to sell him?

Discuss with me about it after his next contract has been signed with the Rockets.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Interesting take. I agree that he's not a complete player yet, but most of what you listed can be worked on and improved. I think he's like 22. And we have him on a rookie scale contract for 3 more years. He's certainly not untouchable from a trade standpoint, but it think he has to bring you back an Allstar type player.