1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence while Jones is high?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Terrence Jones makes the best case for trading Terrence Jones. I noticed our record seemed much better when we were getting plus production from the PF slot so I ran the stats.

We are 16-3 when Jones scores 11 or more, whereas we play .500 ball when he doesn't. We could be an elite team with a consistent veteran PF.

Trade Jones, or let him come off the bench and trade Asik+Lin for a solid veteran PF even if we have to overpay in terms of pics. Who cares about cap space for the 2015 offseason, we could be elite with a mid-tier piece right now.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

bruises heal = Asik (not injured)
    Gary = ?
    Krispy Kremes = donuts = Motiejunas
    Big Brother = Ben Gordon
    more shine = suns?

Vespas cleaning up the crowd at the Gs and Fs??

Has to be something to do with Eric Gordon in there.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly I have no clue what morey means in those tweats. Twitter language is just so absurd.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Great breakdown. A poster previously mentioned that "more shine" may refer to more playing time, in which case the Ben Gordon theory would make a lot of sense. Back-up 2 on an expiring that would provide a (slight) upgrade over Garcia. I assume IF Houston were to give up Asik in a deal like this, we would be getting pick(s) as well.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Gary - "not who is Gary but where?" = has to be Gary, IN; not Gary Sacks (Clippers GM) or Garyville, LA

Krispy Kremes = Doughnuts/Donuts = Donatas Motiejunas

"Gary loves Krispy Kremes" = Pacers like DMo

"Gary and the Spoonbills coming full circle" = three way trade between Pacers, Rockets, and Pelicans? or former Pacers/Pelicans returning to those organizations

Big Brother = Asik (older than DMo)

"Big Brother wants more shine" = Asik wants to play for the Phoenix Suns?

"Vespas are cleaning up the crowd at the Gs and Fs" = Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets have guards and forwards available for trade; this should be Charlotte and not the former New Orleans Hornets which have been referred to as "Spoonbills"

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Why would we ever trade someone who can be the best PF in the game in two years?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Drexler: Ex-Demo Terrence Jones 'can be best power forward in game' <a href="http://t.co/Iq0vAQqLLM">http://t.co/Iq0vAQqLLM</a></p>&mdash; kerry eggers (@kerryeggers) <a href="https://twitter.com/kerryeggers/statuses/425848618927411200">January 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    (I love TJ though, but oh Clyde...) :p

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That position is way too deep in the NBA for T-Jones to be rank that high. But he could be an All-Star caliber player in 2 years for sure.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ex-Dmo?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because we don't know what kind of Dwight Howard we will have in 2 years. And remember Clyde also said that Rafer Alston was an Allstar caliber PG.

10. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

In last few games Howard looked like a lesser TJ, and Howard was playing pretty well...

11. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I'm a big fan of T-Jones, and believe his ceiling is really high. If he starts beasting on the board, he will be a true great PF.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm thinking 'Gary' refers to 'Gary Charlotte'. Which ties in with Gary and the spoonbills coming full circle.

The trade is definitely about J Smith coming to Houston. We know that much. But what are the other parts?
    If Gary is Charlotte (seems to be), then the big brother reference is plain as the nose on your face. Big Brother wants more shine - ie, Ben Gordon wants to play.

Codman suggested it was about us getting a backup shooter. Bingo.

Something along the lines of:

Houston gains: BGordon, Smith
    Charlotte gains: EGordon, Motie
    NO gains: Asik, Sessions, Brewer (Brewer for Houston's matching purposes)

Perhaps Houston would be getting pick/s out of this for facilitating the deal and enabling people to get what they wanted (ie, Charlotte a top level wing scorer, and NO a legit C to allow Davis to play PF).

"Hornets" (Charlotte) would be clearing up the crowd at the Gs and the Fs by trading 2 rotation guards for 1, and bringing in a guy they seem to like as a PF (Motie, Donuts, because Gary likes Krispy Kremes)

That's the best I can make of it, and it mostly works with the cryptic.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Sorry - to explain, Gary + Charlotte are a couple from Geordie Shore. If that needed explaining for anyone!

14. i3artow i3aller

Jones was rated the fourth best sophomore behind Davis, Lillard, and Drummond. Kid's a beast and the thought of him being the best PF in years to come is not that farfetched. His ability to finish with either hand is remarkable, and an uptick in his perimeter shooting game would take his game to another stratosphere.

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

How many years are you thinking here? lol because the PF position is like the PG one (unlike the 5 and the 2)...it is quite deep.

I can name off a LOT of PFs that will almost for certain be better than TJones for years to come...he might be a very good or even elite one (who knows), but #1? No way.

16. rocketblood713

Sucks if T-Jones gets traded I was really starting to like what he is becoming he still a kid lol

17. i3artow i3aller

I didn't say he'd be far and away #1. I said the idea of it is not that farfetched as in his name could easily be in the conversation in the next two to three years.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Man, seems like injuries and this-and-that's have really screwed trade possibilities this year. Torn cartilage in Jason Smith's knee. Wonder if that's the sort of thing he can come back from in time for February 20. Doesn't sound like it.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Texted back and forth with him briefly the other day. He doesn't sound too confident right now. Said it's the most painful injury he's ever had, even since CSU.

I love the Rockets, but you never want guys to get hurt.

....exception: Derrick Fisher, John Stockton, Pedophile Malone :p

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, if something awful happened to Derek Fisher, I would not weep.

So what's the dealy-o?

EGO. Harden and EGO and Parsons at the 2-3.

Is our getting Eric Gordon contingent on Jason Smith?

Hello?

Hello?

ECHO! ECHO! ECHO!

#380 ROXTXIA, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014