1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence while Jones is high?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At this point, I'm not taking Jones out of the lineup unless it's for an allstar. He's on a roll right now. Im not saying Milsap isn't better, but if we ARE gonna hold onto Jones, we need to keep playing him. He needs the court time and he's getting better and more confident every game. I agree with you that Asik should be close to enough for Milsap; maybe Asik and a 2nd rounder, but strangely enough the 4 spot is not where we need to make adjustments. We need shooters and we need perimeter defenders and we need a back up 5. That's what we should be addressing. Milsap doesn't address any of those needs.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good job, Krispy Kreme to Indiana but for whom?
    I don't want to give up D-Mo for a minor upgrade.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Do we have a new insider on the boards?
    I've never heard of Codman before (no offense implied Codman)

4. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Gary may be in Indiana but people tend to think of it as an extension of Chicago. In fact, Gary, Indiana is CST as opposed to EST, which constitutes the rest of Indiana.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

The only GM named "Gary" is Gary Sacks with the Clippers.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's all good.

I'm not an insider like Doc, Clutch, CyberX, Stevie(something)

I just know a few people. When the deadline passes, I can be direct, but I don't want to harm my relationships/trust just because I'm a die hard fan.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wasn't aware that is was considered as an extension of Chicago. I was aware that it is CST. I have been there once. The birthplace of Shawn Kemp.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bruises heal - Either Jason or Asik
    Gary loves krisy kremes - Clippers want DMo. Makes a ton of sense for them, not sure what we would want.
    Wheres gary
    Vespas are cleaning up G's and F's - Hornets either want or are willing to trade guards and forwards
    Big brother wants more shine - Big Brother could refer to the NBA
    Gary and spoonbills full circle - Clippers, Pelicans, and Houston trade?

Spoonbill's is certainly referring to the Pelicans.
    I agree that vespas is probably referring to the Hornets.

I think I've put some things together. The Hornets are trying to "clean up the crowd at Forward and Guard". That also means that they are trying to fill a hole at Center, and we just happen to have one discontent center on our roster. I believe Clutch theorized about this.

Not sure what to do with Gary. One of the former minority owners of the NOLA Hornets was Gary Chouest.

Big Brother - ?

2 people like this.
  9. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

I believe the spoonbill he was referring to was Ryan Anderson.

10. SeabrookMiglla

TERRENCE WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ok. I've got it.

3 way trade between Houston, New Orleans, and Charlotte

Bruises heal = Trade can't be commenced until someone is healthy. Probably Jason.

Gary = Garyville, LA (just outside of New Orleans)

Gary loves Krispy Kremes = NOLA wants Donatas

Big Brother wants more shine = Bismak Biyombo wants more playing time, or the Big Easy (NOLA) wants more trade kicker, or Charlotte (NOLA's "big brother") wants more trade kicker.

Vespas are cleaning up the crowd at Gs and Fs = Charlotte will trade Guards and Forwards in return for a center.

Gary and Spoonbills come full circle = trade between NOLA and Charlotte means some former Hornets (NOLA players) will be Hornets again (Charlotte)

So this would be what we have so far....

Houston Out: DMo, Asik
    Houston In: Jason Smith

Charlotte Out:
    Charlotte In: Asik

New Orleans Out: Jason Smith
    New Orleans In: DMo

Obviously there are other pieces. I assume Ben Gordon and Eric Gordon are involved.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%...

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dmo/Asik for Jason Smith would be a disaster...

14. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Interesting bit from Dmorey.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For 2 tix 2 tonights game, name 3 PF &lt;=22 yrs old who D rebounded &gt; 20% of misses, blocked 4% or more of shots &amp; &gt;55% true shooting%</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/425323357379112960">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Winner RT <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronShekari">@CameronShekari</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis and Serge Ibaka</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/425324866984611840">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Full list Shawn Kemp, Tim Duncan, <a href="https://twitter.com/sergeibaka9">@sergeibaka9</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/AntDavis23">@AntDavis23</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/TerrenceJones1">@TerrenceJones1</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/425325813886504960">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Good company there with Tjones

15. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Very versatile player reminds me of a L.Odom in his good days.

16. basketballholic

Rockets have liked Jason Smith since he was coming out of college.

17. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Jones is a keeper, soon the league will be trying to trying to keep with the Jones's

18. Raven

Raven Member

Big Brother = Morey
    Shine = playoff experience

Morey wants a vet to come off the bench, preferably someone who's been to the Finals. Probably a backup for Harden.

?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gary (Kubiak) = McHale
    Krispy Kreme = Donuts

DD

20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Asik, Jones, 1st rd pick for Klove...do it Morey!!...lol