1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What your identifying is thwart there are worse bigs then TJ.

Which is definitely true.

But he is clearly super frustrating. Has the size and skills to be Draymknd Green esque on both sides of the ball. Right now seems like he'll never get there. Maybe someone else thinks he will... Get good value in a trade?

Alternatively , maybe he has a breKthrough year next year....??? I don't think so but you never know.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is that all it takes is one sucker to think that and you're in. Morey has been pretty good about finding suckers in his career as GM but I worry that GM's are catching on to him and being less likely to get screwed by him.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The ironic thing is both TJ seems to have the same weak or imbalance core strength issues as Dmo. Terrible hunched forward posture... I wonder if TJ suffers a back injury next year as well.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its like everyone on the team except Dorsey skips leg and core day.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

My last name is Jones soooo...looking forward to the 60% discounted jerseys

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Quality backup big on a cheap contract. That's his upside - that a team thin at the PF might find him somewhat desirable. As noted earlier in the thread, he can look like an all star against lesser talent and banging with 2nd stringers is a way to maximize his production.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, his value depends on your teams needs. He's going to fetch lower value as a starter but I think he is a good 2nd stringer and certainly the eye test tells me he plays his best against the Big Baby's of the world. if Love leaves Cleveland, it seems they are immediately looking for a 2nd stringer after they promote Mozgov to a full time starter.

8. basketballholic

What is the average NBA career length of players that shoot in the low 30's from everywhere on the court but at the rim and who are below average defenders and rebounders?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will be here long enough to torture your very existence

1 person likes this.
  10. basketballholic

Oh that was last year.

11. dmoneybangbang

We've seen it before, 16 pts on 9 rebounds with ~2 blocks. Obviously, he hasn't well against the western playoff bigs this and last season. However, he isn't someone to simply move. I agree with daywalker, he is one a good contract and produced relatively pre-nerve injury. He had pretty much an anomaly of a season given his injuries.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm dipping in and out of this thread. I want to know how many people think you can get explosion back in a few months of nerve damage? Top that off, a collapsed lung. Jones has 90 starts in 3 years and when he's played and started,look at the rockets record. Does he have flaws? Yes. Tell me about the game in the balance and the mvp tucking his tail. What about j smove who has been in the league 11 years. Jones when healthy is a 15 ppg 10 reb type of player who adds versitility to your team. If the rockets had 1 more legit playmaker, we wouldn't have this thread. Carry on.

2 people like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Doubt they will be interested, they will max thimpson and jones will have to be paid in a year.
    I keep thinking Washington. Lyles and Portis have their stock rise andd will likely be drafted before 19. They will be left with Harell who isnt what they are looking for in a 4 at all. Jones makes so much sense for them for their pick.
    And in the end if the 18+19 cant bring back a good pg or get u up in the lottery u reload in rookie contracts draft a young pg and enter next years free agency much better financially.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Just rep'd you, man.

A lot of hate on a young man who has had a most tough year irt to health. When healthy, Jones produces at a level much higher than his current pay.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is basically 1 person with multiple accounts who said Jones was crap before we drafted him, and said he would never be a starter on a contender (i realise we lost the WCF, but to have 3rd best record in NBA and make the WCF surely makes one a contender?).

He is at that Corey Brewer level of player, but is still young enough to take another step. I am hoping he is our starter next season because that will mean he made the step
    i mean, if the guy increases all his starting numbers next year by just 10%, he is pretty good right?

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Exactly. Just too much irrational hate without considering extenuating circumstances affecting his development. I am all for trading Jones, D-MO, etc... pretty much except Harden and Howard, if this will brings the pg/playmaker that Harden has asked for, but while he is here, let's not sell him for peanuts.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said Lee.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I wonder about Jones. He may end up being a great player but in my opinion we need to trade him now.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, so was it the 6 month old nerve injury that caused him to be one of the worst players in the playoffs or was it the 2 month old collapsed lung?

Look, I get why some people were fooled into thinking he was a good player, everyone likes flash. Hell there were people who thought Kenneth Faried was awesome for the exact same reason.

Does Jones have potential? Sure, if he ever gets around to learning how to play basketball. He's got the physical talent, but has made zero progression when it comes to the mental side of the game. Is that because he's dumb? I don't know. Is it because his work ethic is poor? Who knows? All I know is that his lack of development led to him being a liability on the court for the 2nd off-season in a row.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I am not going to pile on Jones or Motiejunas. Both were solid draft picks that are rotation caliber players. However I have had enough of the PF rotation. Deal Jones in a package for a point guard and sign Brandon Bass and be done with it.