1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Terrence Jones ASAP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I was hoping he might have learned something about playing hard by going against Green. Jones has 2 inches and 20 lbs on Green but plays smaller and weaker. He's also in the position to give a hard foul when an opponent drives into the lane, but for the life of me I can't recall Jones ever making someone pay for driving into the lane.

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

In an ideal world, Sacramento would be fine with Collison and we could swoop in and trade for Lawson (Jones, Papa, Prigs, NOP pick).

But from what we've seen from Vivek, Sacramento is not content standing pat. They've been rumored to want Lawson, who played his best ball under George Karl. If Sacramento is willing to trade #6 for Lawson, Collison becomes redundant and a cheap target for the Rockets to go after (Jones, Papa, 2nd round considerations).

3. hakeemthagreat

Get Jones outta here. He has talent but he's dumb as Harden at times with FAR less talent. Good regular season player who shrinks in the biggest moments

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

defintely expendable after these playoffs. It was his chance to continue the Dmo vs TJ argument, but that ship has sailed for me. Biggest stage and TJ didnt leave an impression at all save a few minutes in the big comeback. Weak around the rim, suspect shot and God awful defense.

DMO is the PF of the future for this team IMO unless an Aldridge or Love want to play here.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well I suppose if they got Lawson, Collison would be expendable. Honestly, I'd be fine with either one.

6. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This kid was never really healthy this whole season, he missed close to 50 games with a nerve issue in his leg and any objective fan could see he never regained his explosion that he showed at the beginning of the season, but most fans in here just think he's garbage LOL. Its comical.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most fans in here realize that he's garbage, some are still making excuses for him. If he had made ANY progress on the mental side of basketball his being at 95% healthy or whatever wouldn't make him completely worthless. Since he relies 100% on athleticism, and since he hasn't progressed at all when it comes to the mental side of basketball since college, he was worthless this....and every post-season.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, the title of this thread is ridiculous. No one is trading for Jones.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Cheap salary player with upside that needs development?

Morey would trade for Jones. That's how he got all his assets.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Morey would have done it back when the Rockets didn't have a team and he was collecting lottery tickets. Hasheem Thabeet, Terrence Williams, Jonny Flynn....I remember those days, so sure, Morey would gamble on Terrence Jones if he was running a team stuck in purgatory, but those gambles never payed off.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao. Biggest stage and he left an impression. He was one of the catalysts in the comeback against the Clippers.

He just was inconsistent. That is true but not leaving no impression.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You seem to forget Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Clutchfans are the most ambiguous fans...They really want him gone but say he is garbage....

You cannot expect to trade garbage for some useful player or pick in return....

You should call him a top talent.... that is the way to go for other teams to believe in him.

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If Smith returns, Jones is the obvious odd man out. If he sticks with the team, here's hoping he works out like a madman over the summer to get better. Isn't next year a contract year for him?

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Let me try to summarize this long thread.

Jones is Carl Landry type of player. When he can't put up a bank shot or pull down a few boards now and then in the paint, he is as good as gone.

16. basketballholic

What's comical is a poster with the username "jump shooter" thinking Terrence _ones can make this team a better team.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Odd men out are obviously Prigioni, Dorsey, McDaniels, Johnson

Terry, Josh and Brewer, contract situations remain to be seen.

Jones might be gone but they probably will give him more time.

Fans wanted to see McHale fired for years and he got extended for 3 years....

The Rox are not regulated by fans. You all should know about that.

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

TJones has a lot of value to a bad team. Lots of talent. Highlight plays. Versatile. Runs the floor well. Would put up big numbers on a lot of teams. Just not to a team wanting to win a title.

19. jump shooter

Jesus little Bobby the hate that you spew out is almost to the point of ridiculous. You have the biggest hard on for this kid for some crazy reason and I still can't figure it out.

20. jump shooter

Whats comical is a poster who called Capella a "pile of poo when he was drafted and wouldn't trade DMO for LaMarcus Aldridge LOL. _asketballholic your the entertainment and comedy for most of us in here anyways. :grin: