1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Targets for a KPJ Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jags, Sep 13, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol because you cannot see the PR damage.

The damage is other GMs are just laughing at Stone, or just toying with him and then hanging up in the last second.

It is cruel but that is just the way it is.....outright rejection is the the most humane way.

There is an option though but it is very rare, KPJ has to be part of a 3-5 way deal.

Those deals are very rare.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

WHO CARES??????????????????????????

This is an asset based business - they can laugh all they want but they won't be laughing if you have something they want later.

It just doesn't matter in the end....it doesn't.....I will post here in 2 months and see if we are still talking about it.

DD

Corrosion likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It all depends if KPJ is still here or not, but KPJ will be appearing in posts against you for sure.

I think they talked about the Spanoulis thing for 2 years.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

KPJ won't be here, we all know that, either he is traded (Highly unlikely) or he is cut, there are no other options and no scenarios where he is on the team in training camp.....he is done.

DD

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but people will still make appreciation threads and talk about his misdeeds.

I will make sure that his prison ass pics are around......

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well yes, but that won't hurt the Rockets in any way shape or form.

DD

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because they valued kpj the player before the scandal. Now not only is the player valued at 0, the Rockets also have a glaring need for a backup scorer. Also the value isn’t in the contract, it’s in the picks attached, the contract is just for matching purposes.

For instance in a trade for Bogdanovic, the Houston picks would go to Toronto because they want to rebuild, young players from atl would also go to tor and Siakim goes to atl because they want to contend. Why couldn’t this happen before the scandal? Because Houston valued kpj + picks more than Bogdanovic before and we had no need for a bench scorer.

Also the comparison to Primo doesn’t fit because he was only owed $4m, that’s not useful in salary matching where as the $16m in kpj can be matched up with a good player.

Xopher, Easy and DaDakota like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look, it is not like the Rockets bleed or anything but the damage I already said, nobody is taking the Rockets seriously.

You should know the feeling but I guess the Rockets are not as hard shelled.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is too close to the season, a really bad timing.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t read the athletic it’s trash, so no comment on that. I would not trade him so i have no realistic targets. Long term PR hit would only occur if the rockets tried to have kpj play after his suspension/jail time. That’s why people are still upset about the bridges situation. If he got cut and never played again, nobody would rag on the hornets. Hell as it is people barely do, which is unfortunate.

hell look at the ruggs situation with the raiders. He did something far worse, burned someone alive yet there’s no bad pr for the raiders because he’s gone

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I believe that is the likely scenario that the optics of the KPJ DV situation will kill any potential deal.

Sometimes though there are teams that may want those picks and believe that they can manage that by cutting him right away, it only takes 1.....

But in the end, I think the Rocks will cut him.

DD

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Funny - I think those without an agenda and willing to engage in intelligent conversation disagree - there are those that are just "Haters" and won't though and they try to create a narrative that it is everyone, when it is just the vocal minority.

DD

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

The Raiders immediately cut Ruggs like as in that same morning he was arrested. No bad pr, I wonder why bc they dumped him immediately. doesn't apply here

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If this was inevitable, I am glad it happened before the season started rather than during it.

daywalker02 and DaDakota like this.
  16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Probably the lack of guaranteed contracts in the NFL.

DD

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

wrong. ruggs had guaranteed money in his contract

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not the same thing....how much was guaranteed? It is similar but the NBA and NFL are vastly different contractually.

DD

19. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

It's about the contract, people. Assume zero value to him. It's a fasciltating piece due to the way it's structured. With assets attached, we could potentially bring a star level player. Not some salary dump in return! If not a star, someone, who, at minimum, would play a good sized role here.The spectrum of possiblitiies run from role player to star player... right guy/situation....as others have already mentioned, a rebuilding team, disgruntled star..whatever. Personally, I'd even be okay wiith a shotblocking/rebounding center to help Sengun & Co. inside. I think it's important to remember that we have very few contracts for salary matching purposes presently. Brooks isn't lkely to be dealt. And, FVV won't for a year or two...I know it's morally despicable to some, but we have to take care of business with this contract.

ApacheWarrior and DaDakota like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

clearly the nfl and nba are different. nobody said it was the same.